Norris Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by hankgava, Jun 17, 2009.

1. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Going to Norris Lake on July 18 for a week. Any tips on what to fish for that time of year? We are staying at the lake in a house, which is approximately 35 miles south of the Kentucky/Tennessee border off I-75, exit 134 (11 miles from La Follette and 30 miles east of Knoxville.) It is a big lake so this will let you know are approximate whereabouts on the lake! Any tips/ideas much appreciated!

Hank

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Norris Lake is a beautiful lake..Been there,never fished there but heard some stories from some friends..This time of year you'll be catching largemouth in deep water..The catfish will more than likely be suspended so don't do no fishing on the bottom..Shellcrackers and bluegill should be biting good too..Thats about all I can tell just from what the season here will bring..Maybe a local will happen along and give some reports about Norris..

3. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    The info is great. Any idea how far off the bottom for the cats?

Hank

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its hard to say Hank..You'll have to experiment..Use a slip bobber rig and adjust the depth till you figure out where there at..

5. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Norris is one of the most beautiful lakes you will ever see. I have a picture showing the lake as emrald green. I grew up fishing with my parents on that lake and we still have a cabin located in flat hollow. What marina will you be at and I will see if I can get you any advice on where to go. I have a lake map of Norris so I will be able to get a better idea of where you will be fishing if I know the marina.

6. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    We will be staying at the Deerfield resort area, on the cedar creek cove side. The closest marina is Sugar Hollow Marina. We will be between Shanghai resort and Sugar Hollow Marina. Any info/ideas you offer will be well appreciated!