Normandy Lake is toast

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TN-CATFISHER, Oct 24, 2007.

1. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Well, I don't know if anyone here ever hits Normandy Lake in middle TN, but if you do forget it. Went down there today and even after an inch or two of rain it was down another 10' or so from 2 weeks ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. I went to all 3 of the major boat launches and they're all inaccessible now. Fire Creek is the only place you can get your boat in, and you better have a 4-wheel drive. If you do you can try putting in about 40' to the side of the boat launch where you can see others have packed down the earth there a bit. You can see many boaters attempts in other spots with all the big ruts and boards and stuff laying everywhere from people trying to get unstuck. I talked to a couple fellas who said someone messed up and spilled out a whole bunch of water they weren't supposed to. I was like no kiddin, the lake was nearly inaccessible as it was. Jeez, I don't know if someone working the dam opened the gates and fell asleep or what. I hadn't heard anything about it till today and this supposedly happened several days ago.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea Jon from what I heard they were suppose to slow the flow down to save water for tullohoma and Manchester because of the drought. Some one done went a screwed up big time. They had a plan to keep four feet extra from the draw down for water supply and they went the wrong way with it. I know I had planed to do some crappie fishing over there and now that isn't going to happen this fall unless it rains a heck of a lot more then it has.
    You can come over this way Jon and go up the caney but not down because the ramp at the park is shut down. You can put in at cottons on 288 right after you pass Johns store and go up river from there. Or down the Collins either one. Has been a few crappie caught there this week end and this week.
    There is a 2 or 3 dollar ramp fee at cottons but your stuff will be safe. Just don't go over to King's landing you will get broken into over there.

3. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Yeah, today was the first day I'd planned on doing some serious crappie fishing at Normandy since spring. Packed up all my gear and headed down there and SURPRISE! I won't even bother driving down there again unless we have a monsoon. Now I don't go to Center Hill much as I dont' have a lot of luck there, nor has anyone I've talked to. That lake is a mystery. When I do fish there, I usually put in at Indian Springs. I think that's the name. It's on the north end of the lake. Is Kings Landing the ramp right by the blue hole? That is the other ramp I go to sometimes. I didn't know they had a problem with theft there, but thanks for the warning. If it's not too nasty out I'm planning on making a trip somewhere tomorrow or Friday. PM me if you're free and wanna try somewhere. I'm game for crappie or cats.

4. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    We used to fish there years ago in the standing timber, we caught a sack full of crappie but they were so thin you could read a newspaper through all of them..:smile2:

5. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    My father and I put in at the ramp by the dam about 3 weeks ago and got stuck! We had the rear bumper in the water and still had to push the boat off the trailer! Someone had to pull us out because the tires had rolled over the edge of the concrete ramp. Loaded the boat a little easier over by the campgrounds. That lake feeds Marshall, Benton and Maury Co. with water so thats prolly the main reason its down so low. We prolly wont be able to go back this year at all.