Norman info.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    hey guys, just wondering if any of you has fished Norman for blues before and if you could help me out. My dad lives up there and I want to take him out for blues, but I don't know that much about theblues in the lake. I've caught several before, but have never targeted them. Any info. appreciated. Thanks a lot. I hear that hothole action for stripers is starting to pick up. Still mostly smaller ones though. Thanks!!

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I think there's an article in the last N.C. Sportsman magazine on blue cats in Norman.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes that is correct, and no doubt was it one of the best catfish articles I have ever read. A catfish guide on Norman gave out almost all of his secrets, that article was full of info no matter what lake you fish. it was mainly on how to catch Winter time blues on Norman.

Check it out, Zakk:)

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Blues are widespread on Norman, but they are hard to pinpoint. I fished the lake today with an experienced angler and we only managed to land two fish in the 3-5 pound range, hung one up in some brush, and missed 3-4 short bites.

There are some lunkers, but good luck finding them. It is a HUGE body of water with many changes in depth. I am by no means an expert on that body of water.

5. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Cris the guide that wrote the article is at Bass Pro shop this weekend at the Carolina Catfish Club booth. I sent several minutes talking to him. Really nice guy and full of good information. You may want to stop by and talk to him

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm gonna' do that. Thanks for the info.
    later!!