Norman 3.30.09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sqlhawkn, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank goodness for gift cards! Had a $50 Bass Pro Shops card and put it to good use Sunday. Bought my 1st Catfish rod and reel. Been using a medium action rod with 6lb line and that just wasn't doing the job.....lost a 5lb blue on Saturday. Went to the Marshall Steam Plant Hot Hole after work yesterday. Used large live minnows and landed these 2 cats! For me - these are my best! Caught both on my new rod and it sure did a good job!! The biggest one was 26 inches. Unsure on their weight...what do you think!

Attached Files:

2. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    They look like a pair of 40 pounders :wink:

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats, thats a coupld of nice ones. :cool2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    No idea on weight, but they sure are some nice looking fish, congrats and good luck in the future

5. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It sure is amazing the things they eat! I found fresh water mussels, 6" long stick, one rubber worm hook and one white rubber worm with the hook still there.

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    next time you come out with me you may just need to bring that new luck rod,

7. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Nice cats. look around 8-12lb blues!! good catch! good Eating that size! Release those big boys. You aint kidding about what they eat. I've found all sorts of item in there stomachs. From mussel shells, and Bass lures To a 5"inch long crawdad claw, no joke to a channel cat that had a baby muskrat in its belly..

8. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC
    nice fish