Noodling?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by EKYHunter, Aug 16, 2008.

1. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Does anybody Noodle (Handgrabing) here in Eastern Ky. If so where? That is something I would love to see and maybe try one day. Just dont know if I have the nerve.:sad2:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've heard my ex-father-in-law talk of it, never have tried. I can't swim :0a20:so you understand why I've never tried it now I guess. I understand how it work and all but never have been involved.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I know of some guys that used to do it for turtles. No way would you ever catch me doing it, I've grown pretty attached to my fingers and hands...:wink::smile2:

4. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    That would cause a problem. I would love to try it , I would have to seal my ears because I cant get water in my ears I will get Vertigo. That will make it a bad day or 2... It looks like that is the only way to catch Catfish at Dewey right now.:smile2: at least for me that is.:angry: I am just wondering if anybody has tried it around here. BTW Dewey has ALOT of snakes , wouldn't that be a BIG problem?

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Snakes and turtles are a major problem with noodling and that is the reason why I will never do it. I just cant understand why someone would want to risk losing there fingers or worse there life !!!!!!!

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That wouldn't be any more problem than not swimming I don't think:wink::smile2::big_smile:

7. CatMaster3

CatMaster3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have went 3 times with my Grandpa..Have caught a 23 lb flathead..But ive seen him catch up to 50 lbers.. We went off the bank in the river. It was about 9 ft deep on a stump bed and sunk down.