Noodling

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by myname6, Jul 2, 2008.

1. myname6

myname6 New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey guys just seen on the news that next year there are going to have a noodling season in Mo not realy interested myself but thought it was interesting

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    They had one last year... not really news

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If I never catch another fish, i ain't stickin my hand anywhere i can't see. Folks who do it say it's a blast but i'll get my jollies elsewhere.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    That makes 2 of us John.. About the first time I tried it I'd be the one that found that record snapping turtle that outweighed me and never be heard of again..

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Lot of trouble for a fish I'm just going to release anyway:smile2:

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Flathead Catfish Raceway Nest Results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Biologists collected flathead catfish in late june and early july 2006 ranging in size from 5-54 lbs. which were used as broodstock for this study.
    * Ten male-female flathead catfish pairs were spawned in raceways at lost valley hatchery in warsaw, mo.
    * The experiment consisted of 5 catfish pairs that were left undisturbed and 5 catfish pairs that were experimentally removed.
    * Due to fungal infections, No eggs survived when the parents were experimentally removed, while 50% of undisturbed spawns did survive.

The experimental Misoouri hand fishing season was canceled after these studys.

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri

I agree totally. I just can't see the attraction. I can swim but not as good as a 50 lb catfish in his environment. I'll stick to rod and reel no matter if noodling is legal or not.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well since the auther is not intrested this thread should just dissappear. before someone puts on the gloves,lmao.:smile2: