Noodling

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by snakeman455, May 10, 2007.

1. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone around the OKC area noodle? I have been itchin' to try it out but don't want to go out there alone not knowing what I'm doing and kill myself.

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i'm not from that area, i'm up northeast on south grand lake, but i've been doing it for years, i'm not that old but started real young, rivers, creeks, streams, lakes, behind damns, tanks, water hoses, barrerls doner all, if you got any questions feel free to ask, don't know that area down their though, good luck

3. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks, it sounds so exciting i can't wait to try it. i've dug big lizards out their holes with my hands in the kuwait desert, i'm sure catching catfish with my hands is going to be even more exciting. i'm just trying to find someone here that i can go with and learn from.

4. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Every year in Pauls Valley host the Okie Catfish Noodling Tournament. This year it will Saturday, June 30. The people there are really nice and I am sure that any of them would take you out with them and show you the ropes.

Here is a Link to a lil more info on the tournament and where it is held.
    http://www.paulsvalley.com/test/noodling.html

Good Luck......

5. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks man, i'm definitely going to be there.

6. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    not quite time yet, but soon.

Most good holes people keep secret because the big cat population in medium/smaller streams is easily stressed.

I mess around a bit at Arcadia during the summer. Maybe, in a few weeks I can find time to put you on one. POW! If your lucky it might be a blue. Of course, we cant harvest blues but they are one heck of a challenge. Channels are like little mouse traps. I had one channel nail the very tip of my fingers time and time again. He was a very accurate biter. Flatheads will plum swallow a hand. I had one almost swallow my leg. Im 6 ft tall if that gives you an idea of how big that mouth was.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6359&d=1142208816

7. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sounds like a blast. i don't eat fish so i just catch them for fun and throw them back. if you can find time and whatever send me a private message or whatever and we'll talk and i'll be there. thanks.