Noodling!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Noodler87, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anybody have been noodling recently?? Are the flatheads in the their holes right now? I haven't gone noodling this year yet but I only going noodling with my friends. I never want to go noodling by myself! lol!

Where do you guys usually noodling at? I only noodled at two lakes with my friends at Thunderbird lake and Carl Blackwell lake.. I am more interesting to go at any rivers or creeks but it seems more dangerous due to numerous of beavers, snakes, and turtles in the rivers and creeks than lakes but I am sure there are some huge flatheads in the rivers.. My friends and I pulled out many 10 to 25 lbs at lakes and never caught any big one. One of my friend pulled out a 65 lbs flathead from under rocks at Carl Blackwell but i was not there at the time!

2. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    By the way noodling tournment in Paul Valley on July 11, saturday! I will be definitely there!

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I haven't gone any yet... bout the only thing I ever get this early is my hand torn up by a stupid blue. Used to noddle down on the Red River, but I have moved up to Collinsville, away from all my noodlin buddies. So unless I find someone up here to go with, I don't know if I will get to go at all. I'm sure there are some good places to go around Oologah and Skiatook, I just need someone to go with that knows where some good holes are.

4. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Have you noodled any nice ones out of Thunderbird in the past? i have yet to noodle on it but we have pulled some nice ones out of blackwell in the past.

5. Soonerfan

Soonerfan Member

State:
    Guthrie Ok
    I haven't went yet but next weekend im going with my wifes family on the North Canadian River in NW OK.

6. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Kirt; Please dont go by yourself, too dangerous! They have been noodlin here and doin pretty well.

7. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    We are going to go this afternoon on texoma around kingston. Have heard they are in the holes, guess we'll find out

8. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I have been the past three weekends, with yesterday being the best yet. 9 over 30#'s and 8 under 20#'s and one hog that had to be 50ish. Only a few were actually in a hole though. We found most of them around brush piles.

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    way to go on the catch :big_smile: that would be a fun time !!!! congrats :wink:

10. jugginhunter

jugginhunter New Member

State:
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    wow scotty, how big is that fish?!?

11. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes I know I never want to go noodling by myself!!

12. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not in a while! last time i went noodling with my two friends at Thunderbird lake was about 2 years ago. my friends pulled out many average 20 lbs no big over 35 lbs, i wasnt noodling at the time, but i was there to just watch them and help them in case if they have trouble..

13. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    84 on a set of bathroom scales ,, 82 on a set of farmers scales and over 33 hours later waiting for conservation agent to find certified scales was 77 lbs 8 ounces .

14. jugginhunter

jugginhunter New Member

State:
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    id love to catch that