Noodling Romance

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Titus, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Guys, I'm headed to Lake Herrington with the wife for our 5th anniversary in Sept. We plan on doing some noodling:wink:. I'll be putting in around the bridge at Sunset Marina. Any suggestions on spots to try, depths or baits? I've never catfished Herrington and the wife has never noodled (jugged), so it would be nice if we saw a little action.

Thanks

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The lake is deep and steep I would say keep the jugs close to the bank . And as far as noodling goes.... get an air tank .!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Titus Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Enjoy your fifth anniversary and forget the noodling.:smile2:

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC, Titus...ya had me confused with the whole noodling/jugging thing, I thought you two were going to be swimming and checking the holes together with your hands...that'd be a little romantic! Have a great anniversary!

5. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Well my "noodle" jugs are set from about 8 to 18 feet for the places I usually go. Will that be deep enough for Herrington banks? Thanks

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It should be I have never jugged there but have fished it some and like I said the sides are straight down over alot of the lake . There may be some shallow water at the south end of the lake hope you do well . the primary cat species are channel and flats . Alot of the flats are small ones . But as with any place I have heard stories..........

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Titus.

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Welcome to the BOC. ,and good luck on your trip.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    WELCOME TITUS,,I hope you and the wife have a save and wonderfull trip, Full of Catfish too!.:wink:

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Heading to Herrington myself @ Paradise marina a friend has a house boat. Mostly kids swimming maybe I can catch a few something or others will post the catch or lack thereof . LOL !

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Goose Egged !:roll_eyes: 1 spotted bass . The kids had fun tho .

13. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    welcome to the BOC and congrats on the 5th good luck with the wife and fish

14. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Lance what happened? Were you jugging or using rod and reel? Sorry you didn't have any luck. I'm going to Herrington in about a month, but maybe I'll go down sooner for a trial/scouting run.

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Rod and reel . It was more of a trip to visit a friend that's terminally ill . The kids swim and we sit and talk at her house boat . You will need minnow and shad to be successful I beleive . The hybrids were starting to bust shad on the surface as we were leaving . Fish at night with light for hybrids . 3 kids have to be home in bed before the fishing time starts . LOL