Noodling in the Tulsa area

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Harndog, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    I know it's early but any of you guys noodle in any of the Tulsa area Lakes? Skiatook, Keystone, Arkansas River, Hominy Creek, or Bull Creek? I live over in Skiatook and use to do a little down in Stroud area when I was 10 to 13 years old haven't been in years but would like to give it a try again.

2. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Dave, Welcome to BOC!!!

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i used to live in skytook loved it there great fishing lived with the rasberrys

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dave, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there for just about everything except noodling.

5. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    Thanks guys and yes we love the Skiatook area. We have lived in Cleveland, Prue and Hallet areas as well. I know the Arkansas side of Keystone pretty well for trot lining and just pole fishing but have not done any Noodling since I was a teen. I am hoping Skiatook Lake or the tribs coming in have some spots figured I might be able to get a jump start by asking on here but if not I will just go investigate for myself. Anyone that wants to go catch some fun bass I have a little pond up in Skiatook that is killer but they stay unless they are bait fish.

Here is a pic of one of the medium sized ones

[​IMG]

6. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hominy creek has some spots. On the back of Skiatook lake there are a lot of large rock formations on the bank I am sure hold fish. But as far as noodleing goes its hard to beat Keystone just outside of Cleveland on the submerged road. I have been told Oolagah is nice as well. We get a few here and there on Birch. I have not noodled in a few years. About as much as I noodle anymore is just the concrete boat ramp on birch near the beach....ans that;s because my son wants to see me do it. It's good for about a 10-20 lb fish a few times a year.

7. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    Thanks Billy I know pretty much where your talking about in Cleveland. Just to the North of Judy Anns and then down there around Bear Creek. I will have to give them a shot. Was not sure how deep they water was. I can see an old road that is submerged up in bull Creek but not sure how deep yet have been scouting the google earth maps to see what I can see. I should be out on Bull Creek this weekend just to see. I forgot all about Birch lake it's just right up the road from us. Thanks again

8. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC... This is the best site I have ever found for fishing info! IF you have a question about something there is an unbelievable amount of knowledge accessable to us all on this one website!!!!

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dave, may have to take you up on that pond offer sometime this spring/summer. I've never caught one of them there green perch with the big mouths.

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

11. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    Tony anytime man they are always biting something My 4 year old caught a 2 lb one on worm and bobber. The pond has nothing but bass and Sunfish and a few river minnows. I have never caught a cat and I didn't stock it but don't think they are in there. The biggest so far has been 6 lbs or so. Nothing huge but a lot of fun. May put some channels in this summer some small 1 footers would be good ones to start out. I don't want the Bass to go away though so I am a little hesitant.

12. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    what about house creek i used to catch some nice fish out of it