Noodlers wanted!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by matt_k_a, Oct 27, 2006.

1. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    I would like to make noodling legal in texas, I would like all noodlers & those who support noodling to help me make it legal, if you would like to help please PM me for details

2. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Hello Mark , what's up?? Let's make this public, what do we need to do to make noodlin legal in Texas ?? i know all the ins and outs of noodlin jsut too scared to go after them but would like to see it happen here in Texas..

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Are you guys in Texas tired of having catfish to catch. That is a sure way to destroy them. Get enough folks to kill the baby fish and soon there will be no big fish. Big fish are on the nest to guard their young why would you want to convince people to take them when they are performing nesting duty. I don't understand.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    exactly what i was thinking i would be completly against noodleing in texas

5. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    can you explain noodling to me? this is a new term of fishing for me.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well i fish in oklahoma where noodling is quite common, and we catch big flatheads and blues more often than we do in texas. i have hand fished, but prefer the fight on rod and reel. hell if you can shoot catfish with a bow in tx, you might as well hand fish them. i wouldn't noodle now, but would support any method of fishing as long as it were legal.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    This subject has been beat to death:crazy:

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bow hunting should never been allowed for catfishing in Texas. The TPWD staff opposed it, as did the overwhelming majority of those making public comments. I guess to make it a right decision we now must legalize noodling? Why not just go the way of Louisiana and allow cats to be taken anyway your can?

9. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i agree with pastor e but if it is legal where you live then you have the right to do it with out being looked down on

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't know the topic has been beat to death. One thing to remember is we are constantly getting new members and they have no idea what has been discussed in the past month let alone the past few years. Think it is just common courtesy to let them ask questions and others respond as they want. But, we should not have "posting police" on the BOC.

11. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i dont really think noodling should be illegal, but if it is then if you really want to do it travel to Ok or LA. I really dont agree with bowfishing catfish, but have yet to see anyone get a big one this way

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    My opinion is if you want to try to legalize Noodleing in Texas then that is your Constitutional right. But, to come onto the BOC and try to recruit others to join up with your fight and have the BOC affiliated with it would be wrong and bad rap for the BOC!

I would not want any negativaty to come upon the BOC because of it. And , I would have to agree with Mr. McClure and others, why would you want to pull a cat off its nest?

I am against bow fishing for anything other than trash fish also. Gar and such i have no problem with, but game fish such as Catfish, Bass and others should not be bow hunted!!!

This is just my opinion on the matter, not looking for a arguement. New members should be allowed to discuss issues and be informed of issues discussed in the past. But, if it is a legal issue that might case bad contraversy for the BOC, then i think we should stay out of it and save our fight for a more worthy case.

13. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I believe Matt asked for help from those that support noodling.

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I don't see any differance in fishing with a rod and reel or with your hands. It's all fishing according to the dictionary. Also has anyone ever caught a fish with rod and reel while they were on the nest?

15. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    why in the world do you want to risk your fingers on a catfish. one nice aligator snapping turtle and you might not have a hand. you guys have some serious thrill issues. Nuh not for me!! as for me and mine i shall stick with a r&r. i love my fingers.

16. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Yep, I gotta agree with ya there. Those Turtles don't play very nice at all. Plus, what if ya grabbed a snake? That might not be to pleasant either..

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    How about banning noodling in ALL 50 STATES!!!!!!!!!!!::tounge_out:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am willing to jump on this bandwagon real quick!!!
    To take a nesting flathead off of the nest not only takes the big fish out of the equasion it also takes out any of the young that it was protecting when you took it out. So in essance you are destroying the very thing you want to do..... Catch flatheads!!!

Yes it should be BANNED in all 50 States and any others that may come up in the future!!!

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That would not be a fair debate now would it. He posted this on an open forum and we are speaking our minds. Texas banned noodling many years ago for a reason, it was detramental to the fish populations!!!! Let's leave it like it is!!!

20. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Need to also ban nailing catfish to posts!!!!!!!!Tired of looking at pics of big blues and yellows nailed up to post. BOy that sure is a way to show off your catch. Sure would make me proud.:angry: