Noodleing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by YeeHaw, Feb 20, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I've read up on noodling catfish but there arn't that many good sites about it. Does anybody know any thing about noodling? Thanks

2. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    YeeHaw: Just stick your hand in deep dark holes until you feel the catfish then stick your hand in its mouth and yank it out. Nuff Said? LMAO

There will be several members along soon that will give you all the finer points.

3. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Thats simple enough i just hope i don't get my fingers bit off. lol
    Thanks

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    YeeHaw: Prowler said it all. I have never done it because it is not legal in TX but it takes some stones to do. Remember to check your state regs. and be carful lots of things besides cats live in those holes under the water.

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    try the end of boat ramps that arent used that much almost always is holes along the sides too. check your laws first like txbluehunter said its illegal here in texas. ive felt fish befor but got scared jerked my arm out. i kind of like keepin my fingers.

6. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have some friends who like to do it but in their defense I think they used to eat paint chips when they were kids. LOL.. ;)

7. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    You have alot of intestinal fortitude for even wanting to do that. What happens when you stick your hand in that hole to grab a big cat, and grab a big snapper ?

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I like noodling for cats. The turtles always go up head first. When you feel a shell push down and slide back and grab the tail and pull him out. But if you miss the turtle will turn around and just leave that hole alone...lol

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have found noodling to be cheaper and safer than marriage,as I have never been took to the cleaners,shot at or run over while noodling.I can not say that about marriage.Anyone can afford to noodle.You are born with all of your equipment.You can noodle in the nude and be fully equiped.CAUTION! If you noodle in the nude,you could loose more than your fingers! No training is needed.You just go to it.After your second Cottonmouth,you are considered a expert.The hardest part of noodling,is after your first Cottonmouth,and before your second Cottonmouth.After that,you got it down.peewee-williams

10. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea it looks fun but dangerous

11. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    It is illegal in Iowa, too. I have always wanted to do it though.

12. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    I think I will stick with my rod & reels and try to keep all of my fingers!!! lol

13. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Go for it man, ull have a blast if u dodge the snakes, beavers, muskrat, and snappers. I started doing it last year in Oklahoma. I managed to get away with all my fingers and a heck of a good time.
    Try using polls to find holes and logs. when u get to the hole put your hand in about a foot and wrigle those fingers. The best time to do this is spawning season. Please release the fish though so that the eggs that that fish was covering can hatch to become future generations good times.

14. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    Each to his own. I've done it, it was fun, till I learned that the fish we were catching were sitting on eggs that ( because of us ) were not going to hatch. How many eggs are there in one of those nests? I don't know ether. But if you catch 15 cats it seems to me that =s 15 dead nests. If I,m wrong please tell me.