Noob here....

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by lovedasmelloffish, Oct 27, 2009.

1. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    Whats up everyone. Ive read a bunch of your threads and it seems as if you have a true friendship among fisherman here. Real quick about myself.

I'm 34, out of work GM/SM, sales,etc ( lol so I'm fishing often), former Army 11B infantry soldier, Hooooah! I live in Ceres/Modesto and do most of my fishing in the Delta Mendota and California Aquaducts Canals in the Gustine, Newman/Patterson area close to I5. I kill the dirt canals in the same areas also, BEST FISHING IVE EVER DONE IS IN THEM DIRT CANALS THAT RUN FROM SANTA NELLA TO CROWLANDING.. I also hit up the forebay in Santa Nella often. I fish in the San Joaquin river by default out off Crows Landing road and the honor farm by default often because its 10 mins away. I use to fish the Delta/Rio Vista often, but haven't been up that way in last year or 2.

I look forward to meeting some/all of you and hopefully we can become good fishing buddies!

Russ

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    welcome to the BOC!:big_smile: Dont forget to VOTE FOR JEFFRO!:wink:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Russ.

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    WELCOME TO THE BOC!!!!!

jeffro you are everywhere these days campaigning aren't you!!!

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hi Russ.... and welcome to the BOC.... and for that matter, the "California Boys"

I mostly goto the Colorado River myself... but have spent many hours fishing all parts of the Delta.... The San Joaquin at Mossdale landing and above all the way down to the port of Stockton... over to west, and then up to Walnut and the Sacramento at Brannen Island....

Most of the boy up your way get together at Mendota or a gathering or two during the year,....

Again, welcome aboard

Gilmafam.... Bayrunner Ray

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: Russ to the BOC Buddy.
    :worship::0a23:

7. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    TY sir, 2 buddies of mine and I actually went to Mossdale Sat across from the RV park down by the sand beach . We caught approx 35-40 cats in about 3 hours of fishing. They were all small, nothing more than 1lb or 2 and majority were real small. We had their kids, so we left about an hour after dark. It was still a good time, to bad we didnt find a school of big uns though.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Russ, I fished Mossdale a lot. Is the RV park still open? They had some nice camp sites over there.

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    WELCOME TO THE BOC, Russ.

10. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    We actually drove through the gate that's just under the freeway bridge and then went right through the old tailer/rv park up over the levy and down and around following the river. The RV park was across from us and it was full of trailers/rvs. A few people fishing off shore from that side. It was nice and green on other side with cut grass. Looks like theyre taking care of it.

Can you enter on that side and fish out of there? It would be much easier than the route we took. Fish and game officer actually checked us way out there within 10 minutes of fishing. First time Ive been checked in 5-6 years. He said it was private property, but he didnt care if we fished there, but sheriff might....LOL

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I use to enter by the fruit stand (if it is still there) and go past the boat store. :wink: Me an ol Delta Lover fished that area a lot years ago:wink:

12. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Welcome to the BOC, Russ

13. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Russ,Glad you found Us,Check out the Library super info. in there,J.D.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Russ Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your post.:0a25::0a22::0a22:

15. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Russ, welcome to the BOC! I live in Los Angeles County. I do get out to Central Cali and fish Mendota Sleugh, I have fished the Delta for Sturgeon and Stripe Bass. I hope to get to meet you as well.

Jaime

16. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    Hey Those are my old grounds, From Ca. now in Ga. Name; California Coupe Kid handle left over from the cb days.
    Used to fish Rio Vista to the mothball fleet for stripper and cats, sturgeon in the Suisun Bay, Ryer Island. My pb cat 14lb came from Sutter Bypass.
    Bob:0a22:

17. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey.... Welcome to the BOC to you Bob.... I"m in Southern Cal... life long resident of this "Screwed State"...... I have done some Delta fishing as well, and may be to Rio Vista and threemile slough at Brannen Island for the camping.... Stripers ..... Salmon???? maybe some cats too

Gilmafam... Bayrunner Ray

18. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    I got moved during all the base closures. Grew up in the Sierra valley near Tahoe. After the Navy moved to Sac for 25 yrs.
    Now Georgia Boy, The south rules (not cold in the winter).
    Miss the mountains, but that is all.

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is a beautiful area you moved from. I love the mountains:wink:

20. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Welcome to the BOC from Fresno CA. We have some pretty nice shindigz out here in Mendota. A few of us will be heading up to Brannan Island/Rio Vista area in the next couple weeks and then will be fishing day after Thanksgiving in Mendota. One of the guys John(Monstercatcher), is from Ceres too. If ya keep up with the boards there are a lot of good get-togethers all over the state. And great people too. I've learned a lot from the guys here. You're welcome to come out and join us anytime something is going on. Some trips are more serious than others and some are more of a hang out with poles in the water.