nonprofit organization

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by RiverBuggy4x4, Jul 30, 2009.

1. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was wondering if you guys and gals would like to see if we could start a nonprofit organization branched from the dnr to be able to do what they do when they are not able to be there since their hours have been cut so dramatically low....PLEASE DO IT FOR THE FUTURE LETS PROTECT OUR PUBLIC WATERS... I would love to hear some input on this and some legal officials to take a look and see if we can get this done:big_smile::big_smile:

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    tony, that does sound like a great idea, unfortunately, i dont see it going too far.. some could view it as a conflict of interest, a fisherman handing out tickets to others on the water.. i can see things going to court, one guy saying " oh he just gave me a ticket cuz i was in his favorite spot!"

id like to see something happen, and would vote for it if asked, but im not sure we could get it passed

3. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    no we would abide by the same laws as the dnr's office puts out

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    tony i do agree but like kyle sound this not going to go far

5. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how do you guys know unless you try

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well get off your butt, and get something drawn up to provide to state officials! like i said, id be more than happy to go along with it:cool2:

7. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I had the same thought a few days ago, while I was waiting for the bite at Raccoon... Why couldnt they use volunteers like some towns use for police and fire?, swear them in under oath, and have them handle it on a volunteers basis... Uphold the laws, and maintain some integrity for sport fishing.... as well as other jurisdictions that fall under the DNR. Good chance more records could be recorded, more accurately, and maybe save a life or few...

I personally would do it, sinply cause I think we need more protection for our public waters, fish, wildlife, etc...

8. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    I personally think it's a great idea :)

9. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well I'm not the greatest guy to come up with those details if we could all pitch in and maybe do it lawfully sound then I believe this could work

10. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I am in, I have some details, thoughts, ideas, we need to get something going!

11. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I think it's a great idea. Don't know if it will happen or not?? There's still alot of things we can do as sportsmen to help.

12. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    the only thing i would have to add is ... what about a lawyer or an official to be on our side in the lawmaking... you would have to have some sort of prosecuter i think to prosecute the ticket ... where would that fall into the nonprofit part.. im just throwing it out there.. you would have to have that person in there for the legal aspect of it. if you could get them to back you on the volunteer basis that would be great then you wouldnt have a problem. if it were up for a vote i would vote yes.. but how many votes would you have to have to throw this in effect. it would be much cheaper if you were to do it city by city or county by county. let me know what you think?

13. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WOW what a response I love it folks this all started as a thought but yes it would be very cool to get this backed im going to try and contact the dnr office monday

14. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Tony, as I said before... I am in on this, I will pm you my info if you want it to have someone else as a contact interested!

I would be willing to do it part time as a volunteer, I think it is a great idea, and we need more people willing to help with this cause. There are quite a few people on here just in the Indiana section not to mention from the other states that have the knowledge and common sense as to what needs to be done, and how to do it.

15. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2: can i start tonight at ipl dam when i am fishing :confused2::confused2::confused2: yes i would help yall on this

16. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Come on folks, who else is in on this?

17. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm all for it:smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I have all the time in the world. I'm a stay at home dad & on disability. Whenever we go fishing, its inevitable - we ARE gonna see people doing stupid & illegal stuff. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!

19. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I once had a ticket given to me by a civil defence officer for parking in a no parking zone. I tore it up and through it in his car. It went no where. I was not even in a no parking zone. Just what we need more people inforcing STUPID indiana laws. Like no cleaning fish on public water and cant throw them back in the water. All the other states have sincable laws. I think we are the only state that you cant throw fish back in the water. That is the cycle of live. Fish die in the water every day and something eats them. cast nets no bigger than 5 foot radius, yet all they do is complain about all of the shad and cant get rid of them. If you want to do something, do like I do and pick trash up when you see it. Or call the law. We have more stupid laws than any state that I fish. We have plenty of law enforcment. Like I said if you want to do something pick a day and have a clean up day, that would be far more effective. Do you guys know that it is illegal to throw a cast net within 300 yards of a dam. Any dam even a dam in a small creek. Everyone knows that is by far the best place to catch shad. Some of you prob. do it. It would be a bad dill to get a ticket from John doe who just doesnt like what you do. Man that would be bad to get a ticket at your own game. Pick up all of the trash when you leave not just your trash.

20. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    actually shane you can throw a cast net within 300yds of a dam ... just cant have gill nets or hoop nets or that sort of net within 300yds of a dam... cast nets are fine ... been in the mix with a cast net and c/o at a dam and he said a cast net is fine but the others werent.