non resident P.A. ccw

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by scooter079, Jul 28, 2009.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am a ohio ccw holder and im going on a hunting trip in P.A. this year i was just wondering how hard it is to get my ccw in P.A. and what is the best way to do so

2. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I just e-mailed Sheriff Robert Haddock in Washington County, Pa. I will post back when I get an answer.

3. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Ok, my dumb a$$ sent it to Washington County, Florida. There are so many Washington Counties in the U.S., that I kind of got confused by the websites. I did finally find the Washington County, PA site (Sheriff Samuel Romano - Washington County, PA). I can tell you this, don't bother with them. This is what the Sheriff has to say.
    The Washington County SheriffÂ’s office does not issue license to carry permits for out of state residents :sad2:

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    check into getting a Florida CCW i cant remember off the top of my head but i think they have reciprocity with PA and that would cover you. Florida has reciprocity with a lot of states so it would be a good one to have anyway. I'm going to get mine whenever i get around to it. Ky's is widely taken so i havent been in a big hurry.

5. madmax-ooohhh

madmax-ooohhh New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Sheriff of Centre Co. PA., Denny Nau, will issue Via mail to
    Non Residents of Pennsylvania.
    (You must have a permit from your state of Residence if your state issues permits.)

Centre County Sheriff
    Centre County Courthouse
    Bellefonte PA 168231488
    (814) 3556803

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It shouldn't be a problem. Several states honor other states CHPs. I have a Virginia permit and both Ohio and Pa. honor it. Just google; "What states honor my CHP?" Be careful, while the state may honor it, certain cities still don't allow concealed carry.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009