non budget busting reels/combos

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by willcat, Jan 24, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Was at wally world last night, & saw a combo for 50$ made by Zebco called the hawg seeker for those that like the bite detectors. These reels on this combo have a small switch on the bottom w/a light, that when u turn them on they beep & flash when something takes the bait, pretty loud. As for those looking for a cheap baitcaster, they also had the Okuma Classic cl302l baitcaster in the closeout aisle for only 25$. So check out ur local store's closeout aisle for last year's stuff on sale cheap!!!

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have seen those hawg seekers in the BPS catalog. how do they look close up? do they look like they would hold up under a descent load? also another thing to check out is Ebay. i got 2 Abu Garcia 5500 C3's for $34.00. they came as a set. they are used, but are still in good ccondition.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I saw the Hawg Seeker in our Walmart, it looks good and looks like it would reel in a hawg.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    The hawg seekers look pretty stout, but they are a two piece rod though. I must say the bite alarm is pretty loud & sensitive!!!