non 4x4 truck repairs ??

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by FS Driver, Dec 16, 2007.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i lucked out today !
    i had to hurry up and get my tools transferred over from my pick up
    to my sons pickup he recently traded a friend for.
    its a 91 f-150 with inline 300 6 banger
    well luck has it the next morning i fire it up and turn on the defroster to clear up the windows and wouldn't you know it.......fogged up windows due to the hearter core leaking.
    limped through the day with no heat and a lot of wipeing of the inner windshield with papertowels that oilly residue really isnt easy to get off when your in that situation.
    well today i went out to a planned bypass of the core and tackle the removal of it as i just knew it would be a bear.
    15 minutes its out and after bringing back new one 10 minutes its in . so less than an hour i'm good to go.
    ive never had that much success on a repair like that .
    all i had to do was take a sawzall and cut the passenger side of the dash off
    and it was right there !!!!!!!!!!

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    seriously though the glove box door was taken off and about 7or 8 5/16 hexhead screws and the vent door cable snapped up and off its clip
    disconnected the hoses out in the engine compartment and pulled it right out. getting it back in i popped off a guide pin that was in the way
    but other than that it was quick and easy .
    for the past month ive been in a truck with no heat and leaking door seals and a hole in the floor board where the shifter comes up through .
    i will be toasty tommorow hooray

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sawzall! ROTFLMAO!!:smile2::smile2:

If you get in that spot again and can't do a replacement, BarsLeaks, Silver Seal, or one of the other radiator sealers will cover you for a while. Sometimes years.

But don't forget to run the heater when you put the stop leak in.