Nolin Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spotligh1ondeer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. spotligh1ondeer

spotligh1ondeer New Member

State:
    KY
    Anybody ever fish Nolin Lake?

Also I am new to the BOC, but I found tons of useful information all over this site. Seems to be a great club.

2. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    I have never fished it. Welcome to the B.O.C.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Welcome to BOC
    Never fished it. Surely someone will chime in though:wink:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished the tailwaters once a long time ago ! If its got water in it its got cats ! welcome to the boc !

5. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished the peonia/wax area last night after that storm. I was targeting channels. I caught 6 3-5lb channels, a decent blue gill, one perch about 1lb(guess) let the perch and blue gill go. I was using night crawlers and whole shad about 3". Only fished about 4hrs wish I could have stayed a little longer to freezer some more fish. Went back up to the cabin and had a nice meal with a couple friends.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad you did well . Did you bottom fish or bobber ? What produced the cats shad or crawlers ?

7. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was fishing bottom though i did have one float going. I think I caught one on the float. It was set really deep though. I caught the majority of the fish on shad. Bite was slow untill I netted the shad and started using them. I was cutting slits in them then threading them a little then back through with hook point protruding just a little. Much like a texas rigged worm.

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the Big BOC Clifton:0a25: