Nolan

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by TexasCatfish, Mar 26, 2006.

1. TexasCatfish

TexasCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went fishing in the Nolan earlier today, and caught a few channels from about 5-10 pounds. Nice way to start it off.

2. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in the same area and I'm looking for a good spot.

3. imananimoprh

imananimoprh New Member

State:
    Texas
    The spots that I do best on the Nolan River is the area just north of Lake Pat Cleburne in that park. I also do good where the Brazos and Nolan Rivers come together at Nolan River Park south of Blum, TX.

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on a good start to a new year

5. lukerolin

lukerolin New Member

State:
    Texas
    i've had some luck at this spot as well. the channel treats you pretty good all the way from there up to ham creek. it can be difficult to know where that channel runs when the water is up. i have also had some luck right at the south end of chisholm trail, there seem to be quite a few people who chum that area but there may also be some holes in the vicinity.

thecatman likes this.
  6. lukerolin

lukerolin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello everybody! Just wanted to give you guys an update who like to get on that Nolan River. I went with my dad and daughters for a little exploration this past Sunday from the Brazos/Nolan intersect all the way up to where we couldn't get a boat. Now, we didn't take any poles but found that a whole bunch of fishermen were out. As we continued we talked to several crappie and bass anglers and some catfishermen as well. We noticed dozens of jug lines, limb drops and trot lines. No one was having luck on that day that we talked too. The river was up pretty high and we were able to get much farther north than usual. Interestingly, water clarity went from very murky to crystal clear down to bottoms close to 15 feet the farther we proceeded.
    Weather was overcast and cool, not very windy.
    Hope to get back out there over the next few weeks.
    Keep casting!