Nocturnal Ocmulgee Whisker Trip on the Lower OC

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by hoth2o, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Took my favorite fishing buddy, Waterboy, fishing last night. We ran ten jugs and were trying different baiting and depths. Arrived about 7:30pm and Waterboy helped get the yak ready so that I could deploy the noodle jugs. I had them spread out over about 1/2 mile of river. (we were trying to figure out which areas would be more productive.) Each time we go we're zeroing in on better fish in both numbers and quality. While I deployed the noodle jugs, Waterboy put out the chairs, coolers and tried to make bait. I checked the jugs about every half hour. Found out this important nugget of information: Under a red head lamp an alligator's eye glows just like the reflective tape we use on the jugs. yikes! We ended up with only two nice cats and an eel. Ended up filleting the cats at around 4:30am and went to bed. Forgive the pics, but it's hard to not blink when taking them in the pitch black night.

Attached Files:

2. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Went again during the day. Caught a few. I'm still trying to get it dialed in as I'm new to this.