NOAA site showing 5' rise on MO river??

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 8, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Anybody know why the NOAA river forecast site (I know, I know it's not the most accurate thing in the world...) is showing a 5' rise on the MO river this weekend/early next week? That could be some good fishin' on that quick rise, if it happens.....

2. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope it is true.. We could sure use the water over here.

3. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    not for sure on the mo but on the sippy they are showing a 3 1/2 foot rise so far but today from 5:00pm to 6:00pm it rose half a foot there has been storms the last couple of days in iowa hope it stays that way i love current

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, we could use some rain, but I don't think they're forecasting any. Somebody out West must be getting wet. Oh, well, maybe if the river comes up we'll be able to find some bait again....

5. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    That sounds like it could turn into some crazy fishing if it happens!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Northwest Missouri, SW Iowa, and Nebraska have been dumped on the the last couple of days, with widespread areas getting over 4 inches, and some areas getting over 12 inches. This rise is for real. Rulo is already up by 7 feet and is just 2 feet below flood stage.

Fishing for things like trees should be awesome, but I'm not so sure about fishing for fish?

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I got a 38 tonight before the storm chased Us off the water. I don't want the water to raise I'm on fish darn it!

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brad, Congrats on another nice blue! I got chased off *before* I could catch one, lol. I'm with you though, I was liking the stable pattern that we have been in.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Hey brandon ,when are you planning on going this weekend,going to try to make it up if i can afford too.

10. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I always hear the fishing gets better when the river is rising. Could someone shed some light on this subject. Tactics, types of water you search out etc. I have my trouble finding fish when the water is low, slow, fast, high, wet etc. :embarassed:Thanks

11. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go Brad.. Maybe you can help me break my bad luck streak this year! :smile2:

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Pipe, for me the river has been perfect for the last couple of weeks. It's at a level I like and steady. The bite can be good on a rise, but like Gary said, only if you don't mind catching all the trash coming down. Only problem with a good rise is that the river comes down after and I usually can't buy a fish with the river falling. I'm like Brad, I want the river to pick a level and stay there. The fish get comfortable with it and get a (very) little more predictable. Looking back at my fishing info, I've done waaaaay better with the river steady than any other condition. Good Luck!

Branden

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Now they're showing a ten foot rise in K.C. The Kaw is on a slight rise also, up about three feet around Topeka. The Kaw may be the place to fish this weekend!

14. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
  15. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    I LIVE IN SOUTHERN IOWA AND THE LAST 2 DAYS WE HAVE HAD 5 AND A HALF INCHES OF RAIN...THAT IS PROLY Y THEY ARE PREDICTING THE RIVER TO RAISE SO MUCH...

16. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You Guys are killing Me, Ive got bait caught and just rolled the tarp back on my boat and plugged the battery charger in. I got hot and decided to come in and cool off and this is what I read.
    :angry:
    I was running out of Waverly tomorrow for an all nighter. I don't mind fishing a small rise but if what you say is true there will more then likely be to much trash and debri for my liking.

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm going to try 'er tomorrow night Don't know if I'll put in at Lexington or Cooley Lake. I'm hoping to catch it before it gets too high. Shouldn't be too much trash left after the floods this spring:smile2: I might try it Saturday, but I doubt it. Depends on if it's over the dykes or not. If it's over the dykes and I can't get out of the trash I'll probably stay home. I don't so much mind being on the river with it high, I just get tired of pulling the sticks out of my line all night. Good Luck!

Branden

18. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya Branden, I have been through that before makes for a long Night

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's starting to go over the dykes here in town. You should see the kansas all backed. I'm betting there's going to be to much grass coming down river for my liking. Plan on hitting the kansas this weekend.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Is there much trash on the Kansas?