No where to go

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by duxsrus, Aug 30, 2006.

1. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My buddy had been scouting a field loaded with geese (some neck collared) for a week or so and finally got in touch with the land owner who wouldn't let us hunt there because he had some cattle in a nearby field. That stinks. Nuisance season starts Friday and it's looking like public water is the only option. Blah Labor Day weekend on public water is no fun. Kind of ironic that the season to target all the non-migrators finds them in non-hunting areas. I watched a couple hundred yesterday loaf around the office complex where I work which is right in the middle a huge metropolitan city.:sad2:

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Popcorn works well to get them in range at city parks:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Around here the conservation department catches them and puts bands on em so to attract hunters, that way the can elimate some of the local geese. If that guy has that many on his farm I'd go back and talk to him again, Good luck.

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Do like we do around here and offer to do some farm work in exchange for hunting rights. Works ALOT better than just asking for permission. They'll usually give you the key to the gate!!!!!!!! God bless.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good luck on your hunt, God knows it's getting harder and harder to find private property to fish or hunt on which all goes back to people not respecting the owners wishes or rules

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm going to just be hunting my teal spot for early geese. People around here are pretty up tight about hunting they don't care about removing a nusiance thay only see $$$.