NO WAY!!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by fatcats89, Aug 18, 2009.

1. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I can now say I had my first night ever skunked on the wabash. I tried everything, I even resorted to nightcrawlers in the hopes of catching anything, but nothing! No hits period! I hope this weeks rain brings the kitties back, because if this happens to much I don't know what ill do???

2. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We just got home from the Ohio River....same thing. Saturday night we caught alot of fish but tonight it seemed like someone flipped a switch and turned the bite off. Bummer. Was really windy tonight though and my buddy swears that right after a front moves through the fishing is bad.

3. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't know what the deal was? The whole night I kept seeing huge fish jumping across the river, couldn't make out what they were. A couple of times it sounded like some fish were getting swallowed like 10 feet away from me. It was an interesting night though, I did get to watch 2 racoons wrestle like a 5 pound carp up the the bank for dinner. I don't really pay attention to all the fronts and things, I usually try to time it to where as soon as its done raining I'm casting. I tend to catch more and bigger fish right after a good rain. Well best of luck to us next time we go out I guess?

4. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tonight was the same for us too, no fish jumping nothing! The other morning there were fish rolling around on the surface, wonder if some of those were gar? Those are nasty looking fish! Well, at least you got to see the raccoon wrestling! I don't pay attention to the fronts either, I go whenever I get the opportunity. Best of luck next time!

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cameron,

Looks like the river should be rising soon with all this rain we got. The Eel River over this way is very high & muddy and the gage shows that the Wabash is on the rise. Plus, they seem to have been holding water at Salamonie & Rousch so they've gotta open the gates sometime.

You heading out tonight?

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    matt.. go to the basement and check on that switch again!

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They'll be nights like that.. keep tryin..

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    u know i fish on the far east side of indiana over by the ohio state line and all last week in the ohio we were burning up the cats. and last night we were drifting and caught a bunch of fish but once that front got to us and everything changed it was like lights out for the fish..... we caught 13 fish in 2.5 hours before the front got to us. and only 1 fish in the last hour when the front was upon us.

9. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hmmm, I have no clue. Maybe fronts do have something to do with it because of the barimetric (however that's spelled) pressure? Maybe that's something worth looking into? But the whole night I could look right at the bank and see a couple channels, so something is effecting them. I'm gonna give it another shot tonight maybe?

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    hehehe...yeah, I should have checked that before I went out tonight! Just a second, let me run down stairs & check.............nope, its still on!

11. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe you should turn that switch off and see what happens? Haha cause if its been on this whole time the haven't been biting. Just maybe you guys got your switch wired backwards haha.

12. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I didn't even know I had the switch until KyleCo told me to check the basement a few weeks ago! There it was!

Cameron, did you make it out tonight?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  13. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes but I was after the elusive bullhead haha. All I managed to catch yesterday was a few chubs, but the are happily swimming around my fish tank not knowing they are bait. If we ever get any rain I will be hitting the wabash tonight, MAYBE? Ill keep you posted though.