no sweat logsplitter

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well some of ya have seen this before. im in the works of this hand made industrial duty logsplitter. it has been splitting alot already. has a brand new 6.5 hp briggs and a 24" x 4" hydro cyl, with a 16 gal per min barns pump. 200 psi about 20ish ton.

well getting the logs up on a horizontal splitter aint an easy task. heres the solution. i just gat my crane on yesterday.

has a 24" x 2" hydro cylinder. should be able to easily tackle logs up to 500-600 lbs. the steel angle iron tongs have teeth to grip. all i need to do is get another valve bank and hoses to operate it.

collor on the bottom of crane with the pin in it allows it to be raised up an additional 2'.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this bad boy is equipped with 3 beverage holders,lol. one on each fender and one by operators valve. for the helpers on hot days. has a 7 gallon tank. and an inline relief valve and pressure guage.

here is a couple of the action.

i have built this from scratch on an old boat trailer.

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    jeremy
    Great looking Splitter. looks like you are ready for the wood season.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep, i have enough slit now for this winter and some of next. and a few campfires lol..

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looks real sweet, i was wondering what you did w/those huge logs, lifting and all. Great setup

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    before i had to saw them into 1/2's or 1/4ers. not for much longer.:wink:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy that is a neat set up. looks like you put a lot of thought into that system.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ive got right at $1100 in it. got alot of stuff free from guys that work in ag equiptment. and the cylinder for crane was free. got a 3" x 24" cylinder from him too but it had a seal leake so i just got the new 4". more power.

and i did make a mistake. 2000 psi. i said 200 lol.

this is about what a grand will get ya at menards. lmao.:smile2:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Next is a one man sawmill and a solar kiln.
    You could make a few bucks with some decent logs.

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Dang Jeremy what a waste of a good boat trailer.:eek:oooh::smile2::wink: j/k

11. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    i like this idea too!!

Attached Files:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya those verticles are cool. but with a crane its as easy too. + i dont have to bend over every time. i have aluminum table that catches wood. when its full i toss it into a wheel barrow. the boat was chainsawed up and destroyed 13 years ago. that trailer i gave to a guy here in town with bad wheel bearings. he took it to an abandoned house where it sat 13 years. i reclaimed it. and built this.:wink:
    and my i beam is 8" wide and tall and 1/2" thick x 9' long. probably weighs as much as that entire splitter and the pile of wood there splitting.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now thats a serious splitter. DH would be done by now and back to posting here.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    finally got this thing done. crane is operating now. i have a vid to post for you men of men, if you aint dirty your not happy type that like equiptment.:big_smile:

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya thats about as efficient as it gets. im actually gonna cut and grind up a 4 way wedge to slip over mine to split small stuff into 4 in one shot. only prob i have is no welder. i get all the pieces ready and then find a buddie that will weld it. my neighbor that had a nice hobart moved this summer.:angry: