No Roll Sinkers

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Quick question folks. I'm using no-roll sinkers for the first time this year. What's the best way to rig these things? I'm use to using a 3 way rig with bank sinkers,or Carolina style with an egg sinker. Thanks for the help. :cool2:

Attached Files:

2. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Not sure, but I think you rig 'em just like an egg sinker.

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yep, carolina rig just like your doing with the eggs.

4. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    i started using no roll sinkers the end of last year i found out where i fish they will get stuck in rocks or what not... so i use a very small swivel normal carolina rig as if i was using a egg sinker but put the swivel on the line then just add the weight ... if you need a smaller or larger weight its easy enough to unsnap the swivel and change.. another note i use the smallest swivel i can get away with so if it does get cought up in the water it will break off before breaking my line since i use 65# braid. seems to work great for me.. may be worth a try for you :smile2:

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We put screw eyes in the top of the no-roll sinkers and then attach them to a sinker slide to cut down on wear and tear on the line.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would think under the description described where your loosing the no-roll sinker, you change to a no-snag sinker. The basics are the same, except if you hold the tip upright and reel somewhat fast, the no-snag sinker will plane through the water, above most of the snags. Just gotta use the right thing for the circumstances. No-roll / no-snag sinkers are rigged basically the same as an egg sinker.

7. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    i was using River sinkers the round molds they act like the no roll , yeah i think the no roll sinkers would cut down on the snags

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just started using no rolls this year. I use the carolina rig works great with the no rolls.

9. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    When called for I use the no-roll sinkers in cross current and they work great for me. I started using them two years ago, and I use the carolina rig.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Greg,
    The guys are right-on-the money with the info here, Carolina Riggin, just like your doing with the eggs sinker set-up is the way to go Buddy.
    :wink:
    Remember - when you reel in, keep your Rod Tip up as you do and don't stop reeling (If you are fishing near alot of rocks). The shape of the no-roll sinker is made to rise-up in the water as you reel-in so you don't hang-up your gear when reeling in.
    :0a26:
    :0a23:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

11. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have found useing no rolls that if you rig them big end pulling up fist they dont get stuck as easy and go into the water quiter

12. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    You mean they get stuck less if you rig them with the "pointy" end toward the hook? I'm not arguing because I've never even used 'em yet, but in all the pics I've seen they show them pointy end toward rod. Why do they do that?

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    most people fish kind of down stream. pointy end towards the rod reduces the amount of drag trying to sweep your sinker further downstream than were you want it.

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That's a good idea:wink: but I've been buying the no-rolls with the eyelet already in 'em & use the sinker slides as well.

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use them for flatheads here on the james and use carolina rig.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

I have been doing the same thing for years now, just for that reason.
    :0a24:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010: