No Roll Sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Gordhawk, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a mold to make no roll sinkers in 1,1 1/2,2,& 3 oz,and was wandering if anyone had ever tried putting brass eyelets in one end so they could be fastened to the snap swivel on sinker slides. I would appreciate any and all feedback you could give me on this.
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    can not say that i have ever seen any one do this i would say if you could get them to stay in there it should work

bill

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    No I can't say i have or that it would fit in the mold. It would almost be like the drop shot or flat bank sinkers then.

4. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't believe you can mold them with an eye. However, you could probably add a brass wire, double it up, run it through the center hole, and bend the ends together to keep it from coming out... but shucks, there should be better sinkers that don't need all that work.. Maybe just use a river sinker....

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You can buy disc sinkers made like that. They are round disks with a brass eyelet. Work well as river sinkers. I also use them when fishing one area of the lake that has a very silty bottom. They don't dig in like egg sinkers.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have used sinkers like that by taking a no roll and running a small cotter pin thru the hole and bending the ends over. You might try that.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glen why are you trying to change a sinker as good as a no-roll any way? If you want to add a sinker slide the you can use other sinkers designed with eyes. River Sinkers,Pyramid, or bank sinkers.You could probably use and eye screw and screw them into a no roll sinker. Never tried it and don' know if it would hold up. I think the no-roll is a very versatile sinker.:lol:

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yes yes yes and it works awesume. what ive done is buy the size 12 or 10 snap swivel and put the snap part in the mold clamping the barrel part shut in the part were you put the pull pin (fits pretty good) and leaving the eye part barely hanging out and pour. the small swivels will break before my 40# line. ill try to get som pic. up.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    their should be a pic. mickey I like this better so far because it seems to sink faster and hold a little better and when the sinker snags the swivel breaks and i get everything else back :big_smile: . i just run the main line through the eye. i should put on a snap but thats just more tackle to carry and buy.

Attached Files:

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    not so awesume after extended use the small (12) brass swivels break easy with five oz, need bigger or better swivels:embarassed: :roll_eyes: