No roll sinkers help request

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by CatHound, Nov 17, 2006.

1. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Folks,

Quick question.

Anyone know where I can get some no roll sinkers ?

I am looking for a selection of sinkers from 1 oz up through 4 or 5 oz. I looked at Catfish Connection, but they only appear to sell in quantities that are larger than I need and can really afford right now. If I got the selection I need it would cost almost $100. Ouch.

I don't need that many because in my area there are not that many places that I need to use no rolls. Most of the catfish in this area are in just a couple of lakes, but, there are a couple of smallish rivers that have catfish where I do use them.

I have looked into pouring my own lead, but I have not made the plunge into metalurgy yet - it's about the only kind of tackle making I don't do. But if I can't get any sinkers at a reasonable cost, then maybe I will have to do that in the future. I saw on Barlows tackle supply that they have a mold that makes several sinker sizes at one time. Because I only go through a dozen or so a year, That would most likely be the mold I would start with.

I've looked at e-bay, but I am still not too comfortable with dealing there yet - too many of my friends have gotten burned on deals and I am not e-bay savy enough to want to take the chance at this point.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    here is a bait shop by ky lake that will send them to you if you call them an tell them what you wont its kens bait shop 270-362-4323 he has them there opps i dont know if he sells just the sinkers or not but he does sell the molds

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well the one guy that sells on ebay does let you combine up to 3 orders and I have bought from him.

And I don't think that the bait shop by Ken lake sell the sinkers Because when I was there for the national gathering he did'nt have them then.

This is just my too cents worth hope it helps

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey is that pic from Strawberry? with the cut?

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would recommend e-bay. The sellers are for the most part honest people. Of course there is the one or two, but they are everywhere. When you shop ebay, click on the seller's registered name. It should show you feedback from people who has purchased from him/her and their impressions of the transaction. I too have heard the horror stories of ebay shoppers. I now have purchased 126 times and have never, NEVER, been cheated. The only thing I would encourage you to do is to look at the bid for the item, add the shipping charges to it, and see if it is a substancial savings over what you would pay locally for the same item. The majority of times you can buy the same thing in your community. For those items you can't find, it may well be cheaper to buy over e-bay. I pay $37.00 (as I remember it) for 16' surf rods at my local academy, and purchased one over ebay for $22.00 with the cost of transportation included in that price. E-bay is a good tool, it just depends on how it is used.

6. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Just melt some lead on to the Bottoms of empty soda or beer cans, somewhat flat, as big as you need them. After they start to cool, punch a small hole into one with a #16 nail, file off the rough edges!!

Flat sinker that won't roll, and you can recycle the mold when you're done.

7. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    wally that is a clever idea thanks

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Howard, I have CC 2006 catalog and they list as follows:
    1oz Quantity 25 $5.50
    2oz Quantity 25 $7.85
    3oz Quantity 25 $10.95
    4oz Quantity 10 $5.95
    Call them and they can help you out. I have ordered from them a couple of times and was very pleased with their service. if you need or want any information just pm me and I can look it up for you.

9. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    There's a Cabela's down toward Provo...i believe it's in Lehigh, just off the interstate, not sure if they have what you want in there or not. Sportman's Wharehouse carrys a ton of stuff too....there's one down in Provo and another one...down around the 92nd or was it 72nd street exit...argh..been a while.
    Be prepared tho..when you walk into one of those stores...you don't get out for at least an hour...can easily get sucked in there for a couple hours..LOL :crazy:

cyas
    rc

10. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i would say ask any of our sponsors or ebay or maybe a member near you might chime in that makes their own

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    There are several folks selling no-roll sinkers on eBay - one guy will sell you so many pounds of lead, made up into whatever combination of sinkers you want. Last time I looked, his prices weren't much higher than buying just the lead.

12. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, I've lost more than just a few hours in Cabelas and Sportsmans on more than one occasion. LOL !

Unfortunately, they don't carry those and are not really too inclined to special order things like no-rolls - I guess it's a suppy and demand marketing thing.

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Its not a no roll but it does the same thing maybe better ,havent tried them,. Cabelas carries disk sinkers that should work for you. If you havent seen them they have them so they should be able to get them for you.

14. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    When using ebay punch in closest first.
    Then the list will show the closest seller to you is listed first. they will show mileage from your zip code.
    Sometimes they will let you pick up the item. Ask first to be sure. Sometimes the shipping is the most expensive part of buying from ebay.
    Check out my post in where to buy kahle hooks in Terminal tackle for an example.

15. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have some of those flat river sinkers (that's what I've been using since I ran out of no-rolls). When Cabelas rolled into town, I went down there to look for some stuff. They don't carry no roll sinkers out here and they did not seem inclined to order any.

16. ckhismine

ckhismine New Member

State:
    ohio
    Bass pro shops has them up to 4oz.

17. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I sell 3, 4, 5 ounce combination of 6 each total of 18 sinkers..over 4 pounds of lead + shipping if you are still looking. Just send me your email address and what you need.

Don

18. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I make my own with a hammer.

Just buy some standard two or three ounce tear drop sinkers with the lead eye. Then hammer them flat. You can make just about any shape you like with a simple hammer. Lead is soft If you happen to hammer the eye closed then just drive a nail through it to open it back up. I make all my no-roll no-snag sinkers that way. They work great. I had the same problem as you until I came upon this simple solution.

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Hey guy's if you can't find No-Rolls in your area look for "almond sinkers". They are the same as a No-Roll only thing different is they are slightly ovaled instead of flat on the sides. I've used them a few times when my tackle shop was out of No-Rolls and they worked just as well as a No-Roll for me.

20. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You wouldn't happen to have the sellers name that will let you order whatever kind of sinkers you want would you?