No roll sinkers below truman dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by aaronm283, Jul 10, 2007.

1. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use a 3 way swivel with lighter line to my sinker. Has anyone tryed no roll sinkers below that dam? I have never tryed thim but they seem like they would get hung up in the rocks alot and lose your whole rig.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've had better luck with bank sinkers down there. You loose a lot of tackle either way, and I've donated a bunch of each to the tailrace gods there, but the bank sinkers seem to hold their place and pull out of the rocks more often.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I think what ever molds you may have to make up or purchase the cheapest are the ones to use as your going to loose some regardless of type.
    I have been useing no-roll but thats what I have made up right now.
    One thing I do is try to cast way out to the middle of the river. I use a bait caster and as soon as my weight hits I thumb the spool quickly as to not backlash. I than quickly let off the spool again until the weight hits the bottom and imediatly stop it again and lock it down.
    This will let the weight go to the bottom faster and help keep from traveling down stream as far.
    If I can get it out there far enough I some times never have a snag all night.
    Doesn't happen that way too often........:eek:oooh:

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    One more thing try not to touch the rod until you have a bite. I see a lot of guys wanting to check there bait all the time and sure enough they will snag up reeling it in.
    The fish will find it even if it's in the rocks. Use a 3 way rig with lighter line on the sinker and I also put a cigar float on my hook line a few inchs from the hook to keep it floated up out of the rocks.
    Good luck out there.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Perhaps you should try one or two claw sinkers below the dam... they are designed to pull loose from rocks...but, your gonna loose some sinkers no matter what...it is the nature of the beast.