no-roll sinker?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by EsoxJohnny, Jul 8, 2006.

1. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do the no roll sinkers allow you to use a lighter weight or do you still need the same size as you would an egg or bank sinker?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the same size, I use no rolls from 2-0z up to 8-oz''s

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seems as though the advantage is they have a very low silouette so there is not much there for the current to push against. That said, you still have a significant force exerted against your line. So, if you went smaller because of the low shape, the line will probably pull your weight. Therefore, I would think the same size weight is required. But, I didn't take physics in school. LOL

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I am not so sure about the no roll sinkers, but there are a few nice articles in the Library about how the 'flat spoon'/'no snag' sinkers can help reduce the weight needed in current. It could be the same deal with the no rolls, but I dont have experience with them. I guess the only way for you to really find out is to go and experiment on it yourself. Hope this helps :smile2:

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    if you can get ahold of some no-roll sinkers then by all means stock up. i saw some the other day and im kickin myself for not bying them.....sometimes in a steady current, egg sinkers like to roll around a lil bit