No roll sinker question

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by brinley45cal, Apr 1, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive never used no roll sinkers before and this year im going to try them.I just ordered some as well as some other goodies from catfish connection;) My question is which side points toward the hook the fat end or the skinny end?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Been usein em for years and never noticed a diiference in performance regardlees of the positioning. I'll bet there is one though. LOL!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been using them for a long time also, I always have the fat end pointing towards the hook.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Probably don't matter either but I always rig mine fat end toward the hook.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    It really dosen't matter - it will work the same both ways - but I always been putting the fat end pointing down to the hook.
    :0a26:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks guys i didnt think it mattered much but i wanted to check just to make sure i dont go out looking stupid,not that its very hard for me to do anyway.Ive always used egg sinkers and i just feel they get hung up way to much,im hoping using the no rolls will help cut back on some of that a little.

7. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    They are designed to be used round part of the tear drop towards the hook. This helps to keep it from snagging when you bring in your line.