No-Roll Sinker Mold?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Katmaster Jr., Sep 23, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I want to start making my own Sinkers, and found all the molds except for the "No-Roll" Slip Sinker type. Can someone please let me know where to find it?

Any info would be appreciated.

Zakk

2. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    You can find them at catfish connection..

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, I had looked on there, and apparently was in the wrong category or something and didn't see them, so went back and did a search this time and found what I was looking for.

So, the things I need are

1- The mold
    2- The Melting Pot
    3- The dipper (to scoop the lead out with)

Is that correct?

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    sent You a link Zakk via PM

I would recomend a melting pot with a bottom pour spout much easier then a ladle

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Brad, I am new to this whole thing, so all info is very helpful, I want to make sure I am buying the right stuff.

6. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    one thing you need to do is make sure the mold is good and hot before you pour lead in and using a releasing agent such as wd 40 helps for the first couple a very light coat of it goes along ways and just remember when working with liquid metal it is very dangerous wear eye protection and a long sleeve denim shirt if possible i worked in a die cast factory for seven years and have had several very bad burns from liquid metal so be carefull jr.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you for the info, and I will definitely be very careful, I have some safety goggles I can wear, and some old long sleeve shirts.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    A cheap hot plate from wally world will do a great job of heating up your mold. got mine for under $10

9. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    i found that a big hammer on the octagon tear drop looking river weights works great.lol

10. maumeeflats

maumeeflats New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got mine at catfish connection also, there about the cheapest around

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Do-It molds also will have anything you need.

12. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    One word of caution though and some of these were not mentioned. Be very careful with liguids. It is a hard lesson to learn but Water, Pop and liquids are explosive when contacting melted lead. Eye protection is a must. Long sleeve shiirts are a very good Idea. Melt outside. stand up wind from the pot. Never breath vapors , wash hands after messing with lead and eating. Wow,,,I didnt think there were that many when I started to reply...sorry guys.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you have any problems with sticking of your completed weights or pull pins, I would recommend useing PAM cooking spray. This should make every weight come out of the mold more easily. Only spray when needed.:

14. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Look around on ebay. There were alot of molds of all kinds on there last night.