no roll sinker mold

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by ghudson434, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghudson434

ghudson434 New Member

State:
    virginia
    loking for a good used no roll sinker mold with melting pot and accesories cheap

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    George, don't have a mold for sale but welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. Go ahead and buy a do-it mold their not that expensive new and will last a lifetime.

3. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    keep an eye out on ebay, just search do it molds. there are always some on there. as far as melter i use an old cast iron pot ( %5 at the flee market) and a ladel ( another 5 bucks at the flee market) and a colman camp stove. pm me if you need any tips on casting sinkers.

4. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Buy the mold that you want as far a melting pot. I use a hot plate and a old sause pan that my wife gave me. I have a ladle and a big spoon to clean and pour the lead. A hot plate can be had cheap and the rest is easy to come by. When I pour I only fill the ladle with what I need to pour. Some guys use a camp stove or a turkey cooker and big kettels to melt with. A sause pan holds plenty of lead to pour. If not you can keep adding once you get some melted and hot. It does not take that long to get a pan ready to pour. Just keep any water away from the hot lead. You can open the mold over a metal pan then you can use that to put them in water to cool. I just air cool mine. AND WECLCOME TO THE BOC!

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have several molds and pour my own lead as well. Sorry not for sale. I got a Lee melting pot from Scheels sports in the reloading section for 40.00 (20+ $ cheaper then anywhere else) I get all my molds from Barlows tackle (one of the cheapest I have found!

Good luck, pm me if you need any advice!

6. ghudson434

ghudson434 New Member

State:
    virginia
    thanks for the help guys and as soon i get what i need im going to need the help. i have no clue how to begin melting lead or pouring it into molds

7. Fatman

Fatman New Member

State:
    Vermont
    Dude don't even bother with Ebay, once in a BLUE MOON will you get a decent price on a used mold anymore and when I can buy new for a couple of dollars more than ebay.

Go through Jan's Netcraft or Barlows, sometimes depending on molds one is cheaper than the other. If you can get some old tire weights melt em down clean out the clips and dirt and get down to pouring.

NO WATER OR KIDS NEAR YOU WHEN MOLDING!!!!!! Trust me on this I've been burned!!! Wear gloves, long pants, boots, eye protection and long sleeves. You might get hot but it's way better than being burned.

If you have more questions let us know we'll help you out.

Fatman

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC George. Some good info above.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I make mine outdoors in the driveway. Lead fumes are poisonous. I put my melting pot on an old coleman gas camping grill. It does a nice job melting the tire weights. I bought the melting pot and the long handle ladle from a plumbers supply house. They also sell pure lead. but tire weights are free from my filling station.:smile2:

You will have the mold make a bunch of half filled sinkers and junk basically until the mold gets hot. On your fifth or sixth try, the sinkers will be pretty.

Feel free to email me. I have made thousands since I was a boy.

10. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    George here is a way to make you some no-roll sinkers.

I took a 3/4 pc ply wood and routed me some kinda egg shaped designs and then poured my led in the routed places and i have some no-roll sinkers. Then drill a hole on the smaller end tie your line onto that and then you are in buisness
    But if you want the center hole for the line to go through just take your saw run a line streight through the center routed space and then take coat hangers [kinda large]cut into pcs but oil them real good first lay them in the slots and then pull the wire out when cool.As the above has said be careful and dont get burned

11. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    i have a 6oz/8oz flat bank sinker mold 15 dollars if your interested. i paid 31.00 for it plus shipping two years ago. i got it at catfish connection. t-roy

12. ghudson434

ghudson434 New Member

State:
    virginia
    where in va are you located so i can see ut the drive or will you ship it

13. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    culpeper va and yes i will ship

14. ghudson434

ghudson434 New Member

State:
    virginia
    didnt notice you said flat bank sinker sorry im looking for the no roll mold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.