No Roll Sinker /kahle Hook Set Up

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by PRKRANGER2, Apr 17, 2006.

1. PRKRANGER2

PRKRANGER2 New Member

State:
    Chattanooga TN HBSP
    I need to know what is the best way to rig a no roll with kahle hook?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have your hook at the end of the line, then a 12 inch leader "I use mono" then a swivel, then your sinker and mainline. Standard slip sinker rig.

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    While I've never used no-roll sinkers, I always thought they were for carolina (or straight) rigging like egg sinkers.

Put the weight on the main line then a bead (thought that's a matter for debate), tie on a quality barrel swivel. Use a leader from the swivel to the hook.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I think the bead is needed because the fish can take you into rocks and other structure which maked the weight bang around and wear on the knot. Make sure the bead has a large hole so it will fit over the knot ecspecailly with mono, braid has palomar knot which is smalled. I get mine from a shop in Seattle and they are called buzz-bomp bumbers and they are made of rubber, I love'em they work excellent.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Cut up surgical tubing works great too. Got that idea from Shilohred. It's there to protect the knot during casts and retrieval. I use the no rolls like Flathunter exactly. Works great for me.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I use aquarium airline tubing,cut to desired length.It is cheap,durable and easy to find.I got my last 25 foot package for less than $3.00.It also stands up to all of the things that melts or weakens surgical tubing,like the line cutting into it.Normally a 1/2 inch piece is fine for all fishing.I used up to 6 inch pieces when I was casting heavy weights long distances.I still like surgical tubing for certain things.peewee-williams