No place to fish even on a monday

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 27, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger and his daughter and myself caught some good bait today, then it all went down hill...I live within 5 miles of the scioto river.

We drove for miles all up and down the scioto, and could find no place open to fish.

I think that is worse than getting skunked.

2. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i agree. happend to me a few times. somethin to be said bout all those people out fishin though.....they got the right idea

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    With today's economy the way it is, there are more people than ever without jobs. They are making the best of a bad situation.

Jack, you need to get in there and rub elbows with the best. Maybe after they smell that dead rotten shad all on your clothes they will move. LmA0:smile2:

4. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    or just explain to them how youve never caught anything at that particular spot and after they leave sneak in there

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Let me tell ya how ya clear a fishin hole.

Start stumbling like you are drunk and swinging that big river bottom hugging weight wildly around the air. Folks will thin out.

If they don't thin enough take a zebco 33 and tie you a string of hooks on it.
    Lean out and cast straight down the bank and see how many folks line you can catch.
    Set the hook 3 or 4 good times and throw the whole zebco 33 setup in the river as far as you can.

Then commence to fishing.:smile2:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    now that sounds like fun :smile2:

Wanted to add that even tho its monday its still basiclly a part of the weekend like friday is. If I take any days off its normally friday or monday.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    A man and a woman were in my favorite spot few days back and I just said, " boy the snakes sure are thick around here aint they?" I got my spot back in about 5 minutes.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I heard you there Jack. Seems like when you get things organized an ready to go something always messes it up. What's a man to do when all the spots are taken it does kinda sux.

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    me and my brother just pull out our banjos,and start dueling,while we look at other folks and tell them,BOY, YOU SUUURE DO GOT A PRUTTY MOUTH!!! :crazy::crazy:

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i came thru there this evening and there was alot of people on the river around the park there between 104&159 but didnt see no one around the 207 bridge that was around 6:00

11. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just open up a tub of Junnies cattracker sewer bait.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Last weekend we literally had one guy sit at our spot with a pole in the water, throwing his net around there while the other two were throwing at a spot we actually catch bait from. Did this just to hold that spot. I can agree, it's getting nasty.

Funny thing is, the guy holding the spot landed the same amount of bait us 2 did.

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thats how it is around my area on the weekends but during the week hasn't gotten too bad yet, thats why i've been gettin out sunday-thurs. just get some police crime tape and section off your spot or if someone is there ask them if they heard about the brutial murder that happend there:smile2:

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    That just may do the trick lol.

15. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It's exactly why I plan on buying a boat in the spring of next year. :angry:

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ihad a buddy years ago clear a family from one of his favorite carp spots by hitting on the wife a little bit, slur his speech, cussing a bit in front of the kids then pulling it out right in front of them and taking a leak about 20 ft from the family, that finaly did it and they left, but then about 20 minutes later, a cop comes down looking for some drunk guy, talked to my buddy for a while about some serious fishing and then left having assumed my buddy wasnt the person since he was very polite and all. :crazy:

Salmonid

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats kinda funny he's lucky the people didnt idenify him

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Luck heck scares me an I ain't afraid of nada unless of course a gun is pointed lol...

19. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    There's some funny stuff on here, I did watch my buddy one night when it got dark tie on a hook and a 3 oz sinker time after time and cast over all the lines of a certain large group that started to get pretty loud and intoxicated. Then he would reel in and we watched all the rod tips bounce as they would run for their poles he would cut the line. We waited bout 5 min. and repeated that till he used every bit of line from his reel. We didn't catch mutch either but we had a good laugh.

20. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    That always has worked for me too, seems like the best strategery there is :wink: