No one likes Trilene XL?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by yotetrapper, Mar 2, 2007.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I aint done much catfishing but hauled in plenty of 20lb+ rainbows and chinooks on the XL. I liked the way it casts. No one here uses it?

Angela

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have used Trilene XL for years on my spinning reels and caught fish all over the country with it.Since I now fish primarily for large catfish I use braids but XL was and is a premier mono.You should have no worries using it for any reasonable fishing apllication including catfish.:smile2:

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great line, personaly I think big game is a little more resistant to abrasion. I used XL for years with no problems at all.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Yeah,what they said:big_smile:

I had issues with it in below freezing temps,but a lot of monos coil when freezing out.I used XT in the summer.
    Its getting tough to buy lines these days,too many choices.I'm sticking with power pro braid as long as I can afford it.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use XL all the time ......on my bassfishing rods I just couldnt find any in 20 lb when I started fishing for cats seriously so I tried ANDE and it worked so well I just stuck with it

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you think you might be catching cats over 20 or 30 lbs just switch to the big game. You already know they make quality line. And its easier to find 20 or 30 lb BG. I use the 8lb XL on my bait/bass poles LOL. But the BG gives you more abrasion resistance around the structure and a big maw.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    XL is a very good line, but its meant for frequent casting, has low abrasion characteristics compared to Big Game and even Trilene XT. On spinning reels with 10 lb or less line I prefer XL or XT. Above that, Big Game is better. The reason I don't like Big Game in 10 lb or less is because it has more memory and doesn't cast as well. If, however, that's the free house line they offer to fill your reel the first time, go ahead and take it. Its great for learning your new rig.

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    As Jerry stated XL is a line that has low memory and is excellent for fishing lures because of the frequent casting. XL is all I use for saltwater fishing, because 98% of the time i'm fishing with lures. Another reason I use XL is because I almost always use spinning reels, except for deep sea fishing in the gulf. It is a very good line IMO.

9. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    XL is all I use on my panfish ans bass/walleye reels. Use from 4# to 8# test and works great on spinning and spincast reels. I use Big Game on all my catfish reels.

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I like XL for trout but I use Big Game for cats because of reasons already said. Also I really like the sloar green at night

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I Like Trline XL and XT both are good lines, I only use lines that has low memory.