No more skunk.. phew..

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by jagdoctor1, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I have been on a long skunk... I'll tell you. My lady friend and my kids have been catching a few here and there but I've been skunked like 4 weekends in a row. Yesterday I went out for bait with my kids and actually got skunked on bluegill... jeeze.. not one gill for nighttime fishing. I was bored and discouraged so I threw my bluegill rig on the river side and was getting some aggresive hits but no catch... what can hit that hard and not get a bluegill hook in it's mouth? Finally I hooked up with a nice 3 inch channel cat. He's a family pet now.

Then today. I got out with the girls in the heat and we hit a talapia hole. We did very well. Well the girls were hot and wanted to swim so I took them to a spot where a lagoon is on one side and the river on the other. I threw in and walked away to check on the girls. When I came back I had a channel on. Cool. I put a fresh talapia head on there and emmediatly hooked up with a bigger channel... Great! Threw back out twice and missed fish. Threw back out and caught a flathead. Wow! Then threw out and caught a smallmouth bass about 2 pds... Awesome! I let the bass go but kept the cats. Finally killed that stupid skunk.
    Going out tonight.. wish me luck

Attached Files:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Not bad for a pre father's day fishing trip :smile2:

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

The skunks a bitch! Glad you got it off ya brother,been there , done that!:wink:

4. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    all right cris, glad to hear it
    happy fathers day to all

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Thanks guys. Went last night and the river was real low... I figured it would come up in the morning.. nope dropped more. It was really low come morning. We caught 2 channels and a flat and my fathers day started out great when my oldests first words in the morning were... Last night was fun. Sometimes fishing is so much work the girls are just wooped in the morning. I like it when they say they had fun.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Nice to see that you are getting out Chis... you know many shore spots and you are a local with knowledge of the fisherie..... "maybe to many tournaments in the area"

Happy fathers day .... from another dad... Bayrunner Ray

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Tournaments will indeed carry on with my group as well as others regardless.

Glad you was able to get out Jag. Would have been nice to see ya. I agree about the bluegill bite it was a drag except with a few holes on the AZ side around Cibola lake. I talked with some guys there that was slaying them, but you needed a boat the get out and about. Tilapia still works though just not as good as gills. But I would rather use tilapia then goldfish though. Just have to go with whats around sometimes I guess. They were a good consiladation though because some of the tilapia were almost the size of bluegills. I will take those anytime.

B