No More Rain!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, May 9, 2009.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Instead of doing a rain dance, let's do a no rain dance so the Ohio can go back down to where she is suppose to. Weather looks good until Wednesday and Thursday when we are suppose to get MORE RAIN! I think is is predected to go to 49 ft and hope the weather up stream behaves!!!
    Gotta cut grass then I am going to fish from back yard and see what I can do . . . .:cool2:

Linda

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    here,here!!:0a17:

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    We are feeling the same way here in Arkansas.

4. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    The river here is around 16 1/2' thats only about 10' above where I like to fish it. The Green River is above flood stage.

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    What is the river doing...43 ft and rising. Fished from my backyard today and caught a 5-6 lb drum. Good fight, took him off the hoo, held him up and he swung his tail arounf and slapped me right in the face......:crazy:

Oh well, at least I caught something!! :roll_eyes:

Linda

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda, what is "danger" stage for you all at West Point? I am praying that the water comes down and you all can get back on the river!

7. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :eek:oooh: Open up the back door and cast a line while you sit at the table drinking a cup of coffie.Sounds like something that should be done on a houseboat.Course on the Ohio your house may become a boat. Whats the old kid saying " Rain Rain go away come again another day little johnny wants to play"..... (or something like that.) Be safe and i'll see you guys on the river.

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    KY River here is at 22 ft which is 2 ft above flood stage; From looking at the USGS graphs, I'd say it's gonna crest here sometimes early in the morning. North, Middle, and South Forks are already dropping.

9. Eggsinker

Eggsinker New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Rain,Rain go away,come again another day!!!!!:angry:

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Correction:

It's 2 ft above the lock wall, not flood stage (though for all practical puposes it is indeed flooded here.......... I can't get to the dock to get to my boat because the road is under water).

11. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Shes up to 44 feet here in Cincinnati and looks to be falling...however...we are supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow and possible on thurs!!!!!:angry: It is sorta weird but the creeks around here are pretty stable and clear, even with the Ohio way up and charging.

12. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Well I know in the southern part of the state Barren River Lake is over 11 feet above summer pool and the River at Bowling Green is about 6 foot above a good fishing level. It will likely take 3 weeks to pull 11 ft off the lake. Better than a draught I guess.

13. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    thank God it's raining again.....:cry: