no more lead weights in missouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kanecatfish, Oct 22, 2009.

1. kanecatfish

kanecatfish New Member

State:
    missouri
    someone had told me that there will no longer be the use of lead in missouri waters anymore. does anyone knoe anything about this

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tyson Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Sounds like some bad news if true. Illinois was threatened by a no lead law a few months back. But not passed at present.:0a25::0a25::0a18:

3. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Welcome to the BOC I haven't herd anything of the new law maybe Catfishchris will know

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think you were misinformed. Welcome to the BOC

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is gonna happen folks, they are trying to ban lead fishing sinkers in many states...If they do I wont even be able to fish my normal waters.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    currently i don't think there is anything that limits using lead sinkers.

I seem to think I have heard or read somewhere talk about getting rid of lead sinkers under 1 ounce in size.

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I havent heard anything about this. Hope it dosent happen.

Tom

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that would suck! guess i would have to stamp tungsten on my hillbilly wheel weight sinkers. lol

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tyson. My wife works for the MDC and I haven't heard anything. Believe me I would post it up if I did.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I heard many years ago that they were considering banning small splitshot weights, but nothing larger. They were only concerned with the possibility that fish may eat the lead and pass it into the food chain. Kind of the same reasoning they use for removing lead in shotshells.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Havent heard anything about Missouri , but I did hear they are suppose to ban it here in 2010 . Guess it will be steel or brass .

12. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If this does happen, the only people that it will effect are those that respect the laws of the state (hopefully most of us on this board). Just like size and number limits, there will be many people who do whatever they want with little recourse. Until we get more agents for enforcement and more importantly meaningful fines and suspension of fishing priveleges most laws are only going to hurt the honest folks.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Hope that it isn't true. Welcome to the BOC

14. kanecatfish

kanecatfish New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. I was just told it was going to come into play january first. i hope that its not true but im sure that its coming soon if not then.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  16. moav81

moav81 New Member

State:
    KC, MO
    I hope this doesnt come to pass =(

17. festus

festus New Member

I guess we'll all have to go back to using spark plugs and Peterbilt lug nuts for sinkers. :eek:oooh:

18. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I saw this thread and snickered thinking that the end result might be the return of the backyard steel furnaces seen during The Great Leap Forward in China of the late 1950's.

Basically, Mao ordered every village in China to construct a small steel smelting furnace and all of its citizens to give up ALL of their metal possessions (pots, pans, bikes EVERYTHING) to be melted down for the greater good of the emerging industrial China.

The resulting steel was very weak and ultimately Mao's plan was a flop. But I can see some of our lead sinker makers from the board melting down Mom's pans to make 8oz bank sinkers if this law passes!!:smile2::smile2:

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC kanecatfish from me and TEAM JEFFRO!!!!

i hope that law doesnt ever come to pass, it will end a lot of people's ability to fish and then result in most people not being able to fish anymore... the price of steel weights would be extremely expensive...

20. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    If this pass's in Missouri there will be a ton of railroads out of order due to all the spikes being pulled of the track...

I find that 1 of them spikes dose a great job.:wink: