No More Chickens!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well thats it. Out of over 30 chickens, 5 guineas, 2 Mallard Ducks, and a Peacock, we have NOTHING. Zilcho, Nada, not one breathing critter.

The !@#$%Y Foxes got every last one of them. The last remaining Rooster and Hen got whacked this morning. I came out the door with my coffee as Ol Fox was runnin off with the last chicken. Despite having the 243 on the porch with me, I still was unable to catch a quick bead on the fleeing varmint.

I've got Swamps top of the line, Fox Pro Fury but they just lay in the weeds and laugh at it. I give up. Maybe they will just go away now that were not feeding them anymore. :angry:

Tis will be a proud day when I'm heading to Bilbreys Taxidermy Studio with Ol Fox in my truck bed. I hope I am able to see it. Right now, the Fox is more illusive then the triple digit Blue Cat. :cool2:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That sucks! Sorry to hear about you loosing all them critters!

My dad was having the same problem earlier this spring, then he turned his chicken coop into fort knox! He burried about a foot of fence around the darn thing and hasn't lost another one since.

3. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey ,where will she let you hang it? next to the fish? lol -lol=lol

4. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Cuz
    You might have better luck with the Fox Pro now that the free dinners are gone. Have you tried setting a few steel traps..They are hard to call in if they aren't hungry. Them ole Foxes are definitely sneaky little B@st@rds

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Lie in wait Cuz. They will be back and taking more time searching for food. Get you a smaller enclosed cage and bait it!! :wink:

6. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey you could use a couple of those old worn -out deer heads you got hanging on the wall (that you dont need)as bait

7. xOZx

xOZx New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got 7 Roosters I'll give you right now. HA! The wife wanted fresh eggs and we got 7 Roosters! :smile2:

Seriously...you need more bait for the Fox?

8. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i told u cuz ill come out and hunt them for u:big_smile:

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    sorry to hear cuz, i was waiting for the next post of you chasing one of the kittens and doing the head first dive, sliding on your stomach like you were stealing second base. just cant get that image out of my head, and the two Foxes sitting in the weeds going he never going get us.:crazy::tounge_out::tounge_out::wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lmao nope no more head dives for fox pups. They are full grown now. Lol

chicken update

out last remaining rooster and hen are still alive!

It was one of the neighbors hens I saw being carted off via the foxes mouth. I saw Ol mama fox when I pulled in from the meeting last night and I made a pact with myself. If it takes my last breath, I will see the day when I'm posing for a nice pic with that varmint! So let it be written, so let it be done. My 243 sits dutifully perched on my porch just waiting for the moment she's called to duty. With Grumpers handloads and one inch groups at 100 yards, me thinks she's ready. One of these days Ol mama fox is gonna slip up. Cuz will be there when she does. It is my fate, my mission. Lol

11. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I've got a couple of ideas that might help out. Get a couple of geese. They might actually succeed in chasing the foxes off. Or get one of the motion detectors from harbor freight or amazon. It'll do a sound when something approaches the sensor. They're cordless now and $20.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    And the saga continues.
    [​IMG]

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You know....old man Cuz should get himself some really expensive commercial quality cameras and just make a TV reality show! What an episode, the action packed hunt for the ellusive fox and the drama of losing all the chickens...:big_smile::big_smile::smile2::smile2:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Wheres Elmer Fudd when ya need him?

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Let's see here, how does skippy put it

HAR DE HAR HAR HAR

Lmao

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think somewhere around this house, I have one of those old red plaid woolen hunting caps with the ear flaps. Would you like to borrow it, Cuz? You know, to get yourself in the mood for some real hunting.:wink:
    I aint talkin wabbit, I's talkin fox season, shhhhh. Gots to be quiet. Them varmits are as sneaky as, as, as a fox.:wink:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What we use to do back home was bait them with chickens. Take a live chicken and tie one of its legs to something and they will come a running when they hear them. Most of the time the chickens made it home without being harmed, but sometimes a coyote was too sneaky or i feel asleep and it was too late. We did this for yotes but i am sure it will work for foxes, as it drew them in as well. Andrew

18. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    He's looking for that darn rabbit. but i could b wrong lol

19. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    cuz my cat just had kittins was saving them for the classic but if you need them i can part with them!

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Steve to be honest, I could use a good mouser. Our outdoor cat Sadie is about 14 years old now, and she just lies there and watches the mice run across the floor. The Mrs and kids two indoor cats dont know what a mouse looks like. They might get there precious little paws dirty :eek:oooh:f

Ifn I get the nod to add an additional family member for mouse patrol, I'll drop you a line. I'll get that !@#$ FOX, and when I do I'll be posting its carcus right on here for all to see, minus the live footage of me doing the money dance. :cool2: