No more catfishing for a while

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bluecatnut, Jun 1, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    well over the long weekend i had some problems with my truck so i had to leave it on the side of the road so i could get the part i needed to fix the truck and i had all my rods in the back of my truck and some one swiped all my rods and reels so to make a long story short no rods and reels mean no fishing for a real long time thanks for letting me moan and complain :shame: :shame: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    it's a shame that people don't have any respect for anything.

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    That sucks big time. Just goes to show that any item, no matter what you think is at risk of being stolen. I am just amazed at what some folks will do.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That really sux! Most folks work so hard for what they have and along comes some SOB to take it away from them. I feel for ya Brother. It's happened to me several times. A buddy and I were fishing the river bank a couple years ago and when we got back to his car we found the window had been broken out just to steal a basketball and a jacket. I think people that get caught doing this should have a big "T" burnt into their forhead so everyone will know they are a thief.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thast bad, real bad..If we lived closer I would give you a couple outfits.

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

:choler: :choler: :choler: Dusty, I feel for you man! That is the lowest form of turd burglar to steal a man's fishing gear.

Vic

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dusty, Its sad but This day in age you cant leave anything in plain sight or it will be gone when you return. Ive been pretty lucky so far all Ive had stolen was my spare tire and a milk crate full of worthless junk out of the back of the truck when I arrived back at the dock I was just thankful they didnt break my window and get in the cab of the truck. I didnt remember until the following weekend when I had a flat on the boat trailor at the ramp that my four way was in the box that was stolen the week before. I also think that a big letter T should be branded into their forhead when they get caught. There are 2 types of people that I just cant stand and the first is a theif and the second is a cronic liar. 777

8. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll donate one of mine till you get back on yer feet:big_smile: ?
    I hate to see anybody go without fishing:ah: !!
    Todd

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Are you for real?

10. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I think you'll find there are honest Mexicans just as there are honest Whites, Blacks and Asians and there are dishonest ones in each of the categories also. Don't be so quick to judge people that you don't know or understand just because they are different from you. Because if you really look at them again you'll find that they aren't a bit different at all. Unless you saw Mexicans taking your stuff, maybe whoever took your stuff should simply be refereed to as a thief and leave it at that. Just for the record I work with about 40 Hispanic workers and would have no problem leaving anything in the back of my truck. A couple whites out here I wouldn't leave a roll of dirty toilet paper in the back of my truck because I know it would be gone. Sorry to go off but it isn't our job to judge people and make accusations that we know aren't true or checked out. The way I look at a man is that he is my friend and deserves all the respect of a friend until HE proves me wrong and then I just go my separate way. I'm done... anyone want to buy a used soap box 'cause I just got off mine. lol No disrespect meant to anyone it's just this tolerance thing begins with each and every one of us as individuals, we can't wait for it to be trendy and then get on board. Peace!

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well bro heres my way of thinking. if i can't see it its locked up. next time take a few to secure them in the cab. at least this will deture the modest thief.

i keep all my gear in the shed and it has a deadbolt, handle lock, and two padlocks. my storage shed has 2 padlocks and the house has deadbolt and a handle lock on every exterior door as well sa alarms in the big shed and home.

i don't trust anyone. well at least the few i don't, i really don't!!!

we stopped in the local bar one night after a fishing excursion. i had 3 abus with me. 2 6500"s $70 each, and a 6600d5, $100 along with $60+in the rods. as i took them down and out of the boat and locked them in the cab my buddie watcked as he left his okuma fin chaser, and 2 tiger spinning combos in the boat, thus trusting everyone.

mine are in the shed hanging on the celing. we have no clue whom stoled his 3.:wink:

lock em up if ya can't see em.:cool2:

12. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    To the tune of 1200.00 in rods and reels and uncountable in my faith in my fellow man. I sent a PM asking for an address from you,I wil try to hook you up a little bit

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    If you can deal with a baitcaster combo, I have a brand new one. I've never used it in the three years I've had it. You are welcome to it. PM me if you want it.

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm really sorry to here that Dusty.As we all agree,a theif is a theif and you can't leave anything in back of a truck these days.There are kids out there stealing and selling their bodies for drugs.Your rods probablly went to some pawn shop. Feel for you.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSE DUSTY. YOU SOUND LIKE ME WORK HARD FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT.IF I LOST MINE I'D BE SETTING AT HOME FOR A REAL LONG TIME. WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO REPLACE THEM.BEST OF LUCK TO YOU .

16. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow that is devastating if that ever happened to me i would be so depressed hope some of the members help you out. Another great response from the BOC members willing to send you their gear.THIS SITE IS THE BEST!

17. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    You just can't trust people these days. I hate to even run into the store for 5 minutes with anything in the bed of my truck.

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    DUSTY.
    you live in freeburg???

im about 7 miles west of there over here in swansea and i'll hook you back up with some gear .
    i got a roddy by penn baitcaster a rhino and and a penn i won on here and a couple a various poles that i will give you.
    cant give up fishin cause of a butthead.
    pm me and you can get back to fishin.
    next time take your :embarassed: poles with you
    i would

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dusty, do you remember where my house is, I have a couple baitcasters you can use send me pm if you need them.

Danny

20. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    i SAY WE GO FIND THEM BASTARDS AND EXACT SOME OLD SCHOOL JUSTICE