no more Bay/Delta stamp

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Capt Steve, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    I don't know if this has been announced on here already but as/of 1 Jan 2010 there is no more Bay-Delta Enhancement stamp requirement. You will still need one for the rest of 2009 if you fish the area where it is required.

2. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Thanks steve for the info bro

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the info Steve. Hm, I wonder why the DFG is doing away with the Stamp;not that I am complaining.

Jaime

4. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    The DFG isn't discontinuing it. DFG was using the fund improperly.
    CLICK

5. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    DFG Director Donald Kock resigned yesterday. Good riddance, IMHO...

6. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    "More than 250,000 sport fishermen annually purchase a BDSFE Stamp, and in their eyes the program has fallen short of the original intent and goals of the authorizing legislation. The fishery has crashed and over $6 million of the nearly $10 million collected since the program’s inception sit idle on account just waiting to be spent on projects to enhance the Delta’s fisheries. Even with the insistence of the stamp committee the department has not considered a Bay /Delta management or fisheries recovery plan. Two separate state audits of the DFG have cited several fiscal improprieties regarding how BDSFES monies have been managed and spent, and that DFG has been slow to identify and fund suitable projects to improve the fisheries of the Bay /Delta. The result is a surplus of funds equivalent to four times the amount of revenue normally collected from stamp sales in a single year. Considering such history, it is understandable why California anglers are not content with the way DFG has responded to their interests and managed their money."
    Mike McKenzie on CSBA forum

7. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico
    as a guy that purchased a lifetime license and the lifetime stamps, i can't help but feel a little hosed. reason being, it was stated in the purchase that any new stamps may not be included in my lifetime purchase, but you can darn well bet that part of my cost included something for a lifetime bay stamp.

bottome line, they should either refund part of the money or have a policy that states all lifetime stamp purchasers are included in any new stamps that are issued.

but i seriously doubt that will happen . . .

:angry:

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Write them and suggest it.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks Capt." :big_smile:
    You know that is some "welcome news" to someone like me that live here in the Bay/Delta Area. :0a23:
    :wink:

10. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    It'a about time they did away with that stamp....Now maybe we can come up with a plan to do away with the Bogus two pole stamp too.

11. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I guess he must be a real Kock.:smile2:

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for that Steve....

"Learning us sum mo...."

Retired teacher.....here......Gilmafam....Bayrunner Ray