No Memory!!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Apr 1, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Launched out of Ann Carrows Tues. around 330p took a little while to gather bait. Boy those shad must be some kind of delicous. The amount of people fishing for them is remarkable to see in person. Plus the catfish seem to like them too.

We set up downriver a ways and two minutes in my biggest rod was tip down in the water and hard to get out of the rod holder, operator error: I must of had a nick in my line, cause fatty got away with my hook. Two minutes later my buddies' rod doubled over with a 29 # blue. Ten minutes later we had a fish 47" long and my scales went silly and gave me a different reading each time (digital scales) 53/35/51/35 and they are only 50lb scales so I'll call him 35lb. My freind put another 29 in the boat soon after that and then they dropped of to small 10 /12 lb er's.

As for the title of my post when I went to take a few pics of our quick but very productive outing my camera said "NO MEMORY CARD".

Brilliant!:eek:oooh:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    All Fish came from Dutch Gap! Glad to see you got on the fish pretty good.

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope to get at least 3 good days of fishing in....I'm sure it will be crowded.
    I'll post some pics when I return.
    later
    david

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sounds like a great time! Glad to see you got on them. When I read the title before opening the post I just figured someone other than me was having a "senior moment"...I seem to be doing that a lot more these days.

Congrats on the successful outing.

Tight lines.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Great job Jeff. With a 47" fish, you can probably go with the 53# reading. It was probably more. None of my 50's have been 47".

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I took my son out in the boat one time when some fat bastard in his fat boat came too close and filled my boat with water and my camera got ruined but the memory card is fine. You can borrow it if you want.