No luck

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 11, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    whats going on gang? the waters dropping so is the bite. where are all the fish?

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    :0a28:
    I agree,hit 4 spots monday,gar and drum were the only takers:angry:

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    It seems like the bite is starting to pick up. My last few outings, I have been able to put a fish or two in the boat. Nothing with any size, but dinks are better than nothing. I have been relying on my electronics to find fish. I've been having luck fishing the shallows, riprap, and fishing ledges that are back out of the current. All of the fish that I have been catching have been caught in the evening, and it seems like when darkness hits, the fish stop biting completely. I've been playing with a variety of baits, and so far, cut shad is the ticket. I'd say give it a couple more weeks.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    lol my wife dosnt believe i fish as much as i do and havent caught alot of fish. she dosnt understand when the fish not biting their not biting:smile2:

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I've noticed the same thing...seems as if the they bite good between 8:00pm and 10:00pm then suddenly stop! I have been able to get a few skips here the last few outings and they seemed to go after the cut skip before the cut shad! I have yet to catch anything this year on cut asian...all the fish I've caught this year have been between 12 and 16 pounds, nothing bigger. I am still waiting to get into those in the 30 and 40 pound range on a consistant basis.

I've been catching them in about 20-25 foot of water, once in a while I've tried fishing in about 10-15 foot and have had limited success,( meaning only caught one) I have fished behind several wing dykes and have yet to get a nibble there. I sure hope the spawn is about over!!

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I think it's just starting on the west side of the state...