no luck yet

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by drifter000, Apr 27, 2008.

1. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i whent fishing at otter creek park by the boat dock in the ohio river. my father in law recommended the location. i lost everything i threw out. too many rocks in that location. we used night crawlers and i bought some shad marinated in fish oil and had no luck. i am going to try a spot that riverrat recommended in west point. hope to have better news in a few days.

2. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I'm sorry that things went so roughly for you. One thing you might consider is a three-way rig; main line is attached to one side of three-way swivel, leader attached to another, and the sinker is attached by light (~10# test) line to the third. The idea is that by attaching the sinker with a lighter line than the rest of your rig, if you get stuck in the rocks, you'll lose only the sinker.

The other suggestion is one offered earlier on the boards; unfortunately, I cannot remember who posted it. When retrieving your line, pull up sharply first and then reel in quickly. This should keep your rig off the bottom when you reel in.

Good luck.

-- Rich

3. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i appreciate that bit of advice. i was using a slide sinker on my main line and i was losing everything. i am definitely going to try that next time. i did have a good time today with the kids though. i took them to otter creek and we caught a few smallmouth bass. nothing big, but it was fun

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey thank you for sharing the info with us on how you did, im sorry to hear that you gont hung up alot, But at least you was able to get out, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work, keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you do, on your future trips.