No luck on the Wabash river in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Chief, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fished from the bank yesterday dropped my bait in front of a logjam that was making an eddy. first time i tried circles. not sure what was goin on lol..... my rod bent pretty sharp at one point, but thats about it. i think the water is still too cold and the river was goin down wich never seems to help any. it was nice to get the dust off everything though. i'll keep everyone posted, but i doubt i'll get out again anytime soon. supposed to snow:mad:

2. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i fish the wabash in warren county

3. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    you could probably find some suckers or sturgeon, just go fish the mouth of a creek. i caught a couple suckers a few weeks ago.

4. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    just wanted to know where some of the better spots to launch a boat on the wabash are. i have never fished it before, but plan on going there quiet a bit this summer.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Boy I know the feeling of NO LUCK! But I keep trying!
    Bill:)

6. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Buckeater. As Bill said, give these guys a little more info and they'll point you in the right direction.

7. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    did anyone go out on the wabash last weekend?
    i did, and didn't even get a bite. im thinkin about movin upstream on some creeks to try and find some suckers, does that sound like a good idea?

8. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    3/28/06

tried the wabash again today. no luck. water is still pretty cold. calling for high temps the rest of the week and possible thunderstorm...either way the water temps gonna be goin up. i'll keep postin my wabash results

9. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    april 1st 2006. another day fishing with no result. i've come to the conclusion the place i'm fishing sucks...lol

10. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    been throwin out chicken liver jim. havent had a chance to catch anything else to use as cutbait.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    better hit the creek mouthes with this rain!!!! we have been getting them on stink baits n punch baits up on the saint joeseph. havent done as good on cut bait yet,try some stinky stuff chief.

12. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    does walmart have any good dipbait?

13. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i went out last saturday, but no luck for any cats. i caught some perch and small channels, but no flat head. the water is getting warmer though

14. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    4-8-06

tried a different spot on the wabash today. water temp was at 54 degrees still using chicken liver, 3 small bites that i doubt were catfish. goin to try and get some cutbait for tomorrow

15. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    went out monday April 10 on the wabash, carrol county. Had lots of good bites during the day. All small fish on cut bait. Had 4 fish by 9pm. No flats yet. I don't know the water temp but I wadded about up to my knees and didn't freeze,lol

16. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Baitfish, I went right around the lockport bridge in between there and the next bridge west from there. They quit hitting right when the sun went down.

17. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    My buddy from Lafayette went down to the Bash today and caught 7 Blues from 8 to 10 puonds. His father in law caught a fathead carp and they cut a big chunk out and used it for bait. He almost lost his pole on the first cast. It was a deep hole next to a downed tree. He was only there for 1.5 hours. the wind was howling, go figure. He got of work early and was just farting around.

18. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i think right now i'm 0-8..lol water is getting into the 60s now. gonna get the boat out this weekend and kick some a$$

19. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Fished the Wabash today, launched south of Pittsburg. Caught nine channels all on shad guts all between 15 and 21 inches. They are really starting to turn on. Just a note the Tippecanoe River is full of dead shad right now and the live ones are in huge schools. I believe that shad guts, or cut, or whole shad is the way to go right now. The fish that I have kept are stuffed full of them!!

20. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    So, with all this flooding should we be getting out fishing? Where do the fish go with high currents/flooding like this? I would gues any kind of slack water???