No luck on the river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 7, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    where are all the fish hiding?

do any one fish from the chain of rocks to the acrh? if so what type of bait do you use? I use shad but not having any luck. maybe 1 or 2 bites
    in a 3hour period. need help:sad2:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Sorry you are having no luck.

I am bank-bound still until next week and I normally go a lot longer than you are between bites.

So......... you can feel good, someone is having worse luck than you. LOL

Think I'll grab the boys and hit it this afternoon. May not catch anything but it beats setting in the house.

Good Luck.

I am sure the fishing will soon become worse than it has ever been in the history of Missouri starting next week. Newspapers will write articles wondering where all the fish have went. Of course they will ultimately discover that it is my fault. I will have my brand new boat next week you see and I know how my luck runs.:lol:

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm getting off work today about 4:30 and am heading to the river after that!! I plan on trying to catch a few skips up at the Melvin Price dam and then launching the boat! I Can't wait!!!

4. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was at Mel Price last night, and I couldn't muster even one single skipjack.

They've been running hot and heavy for 2 weeks...I go...and someone turned off the switch!

DOH!:crazy:

I caught some on Saturday along the lock wall on the other side of the river. You are in a boat, so you sould hit it easy enough. It was right in that 60x5 yard nook at the end of the outermost wall away from the lock.

Good luck!

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    we caught some cats and had problem getting bait.we use mooneye to catch we caught.