No luck lately

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Aug 31, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    I have been out fishing these past few weekends during the night and sometimes all day into the night with very little success.I have been mainly fishing the ohio and the ky river.went 2 days this weekend and didnt even get a bite.Has anyone else experienced this and what do you think has happened to the fish its like they fliped a light switch to the off mode.I was catching fish up till about the 2nd week of august.I would like to hear what everyone else thinks and their opinion on why they arent biting.:confused2:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'm with you on this one. No fish at all lately. Seems the cats just disappeared lol. I seen some caught but as for myself none in almost three weeks.

3. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah went out friday night 8-1 had one bite it was a 18# flat head started to rain so we left went back sunday fished 10-4 in the afternoon had 4 bites 1 - 7 pound channel,4 pound channel, 5 pound drum,and missed one that was it drifted the channel did'nt get a bite caught them ancored up. the last two weeks they were biting good caught at least 20 fish last sunday bigest was 16# blue alot around 10#.
    this was in louisville put in at greenwood boat docks went up to hydro and lower dam hope it picks back up soon:cool2:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    went out today to a lake and caught 7 and it was windy,was surprised.nothing big eater size.Strange thing is normally i catch mostly channels but today out of the 7 i caught only 2 were channels the rest were blues.:confused2:

5. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Don't feel bad, my last 3 trips out I've been skunked. It really gets frustrating sometimes, but I'll probably keep tryin'.

6. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm wanting to blame it on the weather. I was catching way more fish during the spawn than I have the past couple of weeks. Matter of fact, I haven't even caught a cat in a 3 weeks now and have been going out at least twice every weekend.