No luck for me on Friday!

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Shreveport Mike, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I got to the dam by 9am Friday. 31 degrees, but hardly any wind. Then came the rain! Froze my butt off. The sun never came out and the temperature stayed the same. I gave up around 1:30. Didn't catch a thing. Heading out again tomorrow morning and can't wait! I'm tying up some lures with hot pink feathers tonight. Hopefully that will get their attention! I'll keep yall posted.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana

3. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hot pick feathers would get me caught if I was a fish.:smile2::big_smile::tounge_out:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mike, good luck tomorrow, sounds like it would have been a good day to watch golf and eat some chili.

5. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Mike,
    Oh, well, you caught a season worth of fish during your first trip. By the way, welcome to the BOC, Mike. Could you post a pic of how you put your feathers on the hook? Thx

6. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    This is an interesting concept that I've tried before, but how you manage to catch big cats on artificials is amazing! I know one time I had hardly any bait so I took a big floating bass lizzard (9") and put it on with lots of scent as a lure, but didn't get anything. It swam when put in the river so I figured something that vibrates a lot would get some attention. Maybe some rattlers? A spread of jigs to simulate a school of baitfish at the bottom? Anyone else have success with artificals on the bottom of the river?

7. Shreveport Mike

State:
    louisiana
    I got to the dam around 8:45 and was packing up by 9:30. The weatherman said the winds would be from the south at 8 mph, but they were more like 18 mph. I can battle all of the elements except the wind. A long cast in the wind and you have so much slack in your line, that by the time you take up the slack, you're already snagged on the bottom. So, I just came home and did a few honey dews. Denny and Stu, here is a picture of a couple of lures that I use.

Attached Files:

8. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    awesome man! That is very interesting that they would hit that, and big ones too! Maybe I should put feathers/hooks on my weight and have cut-bait behind it!:wink:

9. Shreveport Mike

State:
    louisiana
    I also fish a lot with salt water jigs. I like to use 1/2 ounce jig head and a white grub. Here's a picture. I couldn't tell you how many big catfish I have caught on this rig. I always tie on two jigs following one another by about 8 to 10 inches. And again, I only use this rig when fishing below a dam.:wink:

Attached Files: