no luck at eagle creek!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by mr channel, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    i went to were i waas given directions to just of of lafayette road im not sure if i was in the right spot in came out to a clearing andto a big downed tree right were the water was pnded up and ddint get a bite was this the right spot ti????

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey man, what's up? It was probably me that gave you the directions to the spot where my brother caught his big flat. I don't know if you were in the right spot or not, but we are having a gathering to go to Martinsville where some monster flats have been being caught. Go to the Indiana Fall Gathering thread in Indiana talk section. I believe we are going the 24th. We haven't fished that spot on Eagle Creek in a while. We have a boat now so we have been going out in it on the reservoir. The 24th we are bank fishing though, so you don't need to have a boat. Hope you can make it!

-Later

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I haven't had any luck since early June at that spot. Sorry you went on a wild goose chase, but I have had great luck there in the past. That's where I caught the 52lb'er on my profile. The best luck recently on eagle creek has been on the northeast bank just north of 79th street. You can park right there and go down the drainage ramp, I tied a big rope there so you won't break your neck like I did. There is only room for two or three people at the max. If you have a boat, I know of a good spot.

4. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    i have a flat bottom so i cantry anything theres just nothing biting up north

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Across from the Eagle Creek Park Marina, there are some weeds on the bank, I have had luck catching blues and channels there. The 56th street causeway has lots of rip rap on both sides. I like the side that has the water intake tower, there is lots of cover around the tower. Let me know if you have any luck. Are you coming to the gathering on the White River on Sept 24th? Hope to see you there.