no luck at cannelton

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiskergetter, Jul 13, 2009.

1. whiskergetter

whiskergetter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and my buddy went fishing at the lock and dam on the Kentucky side, in Hawesville, and had no luck period? I was always told that it was a great location to fish. We tried Liver, Cutbait, Cutbait w/liver stuffed inside, and nightcrawlers. We also tried various depths with each of the baits. Something we're doing wrong, or just a bad night to fish. Your comment?:dribble:

2. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man that sucks. There is a place called Mano Point near here, and I was always told it is a dream fishing hole. Well the first time or 2 that I went there, I didnt catch a darn thing. But since those 2 trips I have been back and caught some flatties, and a LOT of channels. I even hooked a really big one too, but when I hook onto a big one, nothing ever goes right. My hooks ALWAYS come out. grr lol.

Anyways... Cannelton is a really good place to fish. But there ARE days where you cant catch a damn thing. Looks like you hit one of those days. Sorry to hear that they werent biting. All you can do is try again. =] There really are monsters out there.